Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Saying good bye to a friend......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 11:40 PM
Bronze Member

Saying good bye to a friend......

Last weekend A co worker of mine and friend died from a flesh eating bacteria......rare it was but yet here I am talking about someone none of you knew, I just came from his services tonight and the turn out showed how much he meant to the people he knew.
Sam Harris born Dec. 20, 1975 lived an outdoorsmans life hunting and fishing and just living his life to the fullest. He loved his daughters, Parents and brother and sister.
He was my shift supervisor at Knauf Insulation I work with him for over 3 1/2 years We hunted and cut firewood together just an all around good person. We had a lot of conversations in the woods during our many beer breaks and we always made a few hour job into an all day project. If you spent any time with him you would know he was easy to be friends with and the first time I met him in Jan,2009 was no different it was like he was a friend already.
Although non of you knew him that I know of I just wanted to drop my tribute here since he was a hunter of deer,turkey,pig,elk and coyote. I believe everyone on this site would have enjoyed his presence and I think the world needs more people like Sam to remind us of how we need to be. He was devoted to his family and his friends and he knew who he could count on at work and away from work , I'm glad I was one of the people he counted on at work and one of the few he worked with that he chose to spend his off time with and I got to see the kind of person he was and enjoy the smile he gave to everyone and the good humor he shared with all.
Thanks for putting up with this....
Frank

Coyotes: The other white meat
Old 10-13-2012, 08:24 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Saying good bye to a friend......

Thanks for putting up with this.... Nothing to put up with . . . at all!

One of the nicer more respectful posts ever posted. You do Sam an honor.

You're a good man!!!
Old 10-13-2012, 08:38 AM
Platinum Member

You have my condolences. Everyone needs a friend like Sam.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:32 AM
Gold Member

I remember a old timer telling me that finding a good hunting partner was almost impossible - finding a second one was impossible.

I am sorry for your loss and can very well relate to it. I just spread my hunting partners ashes on a mountain meadow this past July.

I wish all his friends, family and co-workers the best and will keep him and my hunting partner in my prayers.

Hang tough - your a good man to praise your partner.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Platinum Member

Frank,

I am heartily sorry for your loss. It's never easy to lose a true friend but Sam is in a better place now.

God bless!

Ed

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.