Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Savage AccuTrigger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Savage AccuTrigger

The accutrigger is very simalar to the triggers on the Ruger VTs and oddly enough a Sweede(military type trigger)so getting used to a little lite takeup before the trigger breaks was not a problem for me.
However if you side-load the trigger at all you can trip the main before the first safty trigger ingauges...got tired of that happening and just eliminated the first stage.To me the acutrigger is an unnessisary gimic that I can do without....Have ben able to get the Stevens(old Savage) trigger down lite-smooth enough that they work just fine.
Not a bad factory trigger for those that dont shoot a lot but ????
Old 05-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
does it feel weird pulling this false trigger before you get to the real trigger? Or is it just something you get used to??

[/ QUOTE ]
It doesn't feel weird at all to me...it didn't take me any time to get used to it.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Platinum Member

I dont like the feel of it either personally...

The ruger 2 stage is better IMO...

I hate having to pull 1 trigger to get to the next...

Any fine tuned factory trigger is gonna do just as well..
Old 05-15-2007, 09:10 PM
SPONSOR

Don't know why everyone is hatin' on the accutrigger, but I think it is as fine a factory trigger as you'll find. Is a Jewell better??? Sure it is. It also costs $185 + installation. I still have the factory accutrigger on my 6-250 that Kirby built and to be honest, I like it better than the Rifle Basix on that is on my 270 AM. It is a nice crisp 9 oz.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Gold Member

Thanks for the input everyone. Guess I'll just have to give it a try and see what I think. Now to just figure out which model I want to go with. Maybe that'll be my next post. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Platinum Member

I think that there are 3 versions of the Accu-Trigger, and depending the rifle, you get a specific trigger.
Hunting models get a 3-6 pound trigger
Law enforcement gets 1 1/2 to something
and Target models get the low weight.

This may have changed, but make sure before you buy or you may not like the weight and Savage does not sell the springs to Non-gunsmiths....at least in the past.

edge.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:24 PM
Platinum Member

Bill Bailey,

+1

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!