Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Sako Stock piece.... In search of part

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2006, 01:48 PM
Gold Member

Sako Stock piece.... In search of part

I picked up a little Sako Hunter several years back for a pretty decent price. It wasn't in the best shape cosmetically, but the throat and bore were clean as a whistle. It had just been sitting up in a closet and not been taken care of to well.

Anyway, the butt cap on the pistol grip had been replaced do to some not so careful handling, and I am looking for an original replacement if anyone might have one. Or if any of you gunsmiths might have one that can be duplicated I would be happy to cover the cost. IT don't need to be perfect, as this is a starter rifle for him. Just a light weight short 243 that he can learn the basics on and still have enough pop to drop a deer or hog.

Anyway if you can help shoot me a not, I appreciate it.

My Photo's

"Heck why would I lie, most folks don't believe the truth when I tell them"