Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Ruger Black Hawk .357 ???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Ruger Black Hawk .357 ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Cool! I love those guns too. Looking for a single action 22 right now. I am going to train my horse to shoot off of. I figure a single action will be the safest for this as it would be less likely to discharge when we hit the ground.

Jeff
That's funny!

Set a video camera up for the first try. I want to see how big a truck one can drive between you and the saddle. You can get a horse to settle down but I think it's bad for their ears unless you cover them.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 02-02-2013, 03:24 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Cool! I love those guns too. Looking for a single action 22 right now. I am going to train my horse to shoot off of. I figure a single action will be the safest for this as it would be less likely to discharge when we hit the ground.

Jeff
Lol

After your last spill I wouldnt have bet that youd be doin anything to instigate any rodeos. Cant say Id do any different though I too, am a slow learner. Haha

The 2nd Amendment......America's original Homeland Security.

Ethan Parke........roped the deer in 1953. Put tags in his ears turned him loose then shot him in 1955. Always liked this pic
The story was told to me by his wife who owned the little motel we stayed at on a deer hunt in Malta Idaho about 17 years ago...... Youll never see that again. Just a cool pic of Idaho deer huntin history
Old 02-02-2013, 07:07 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRedneck View Post
Lol

After your last spill I wouldnt have bet that youd be doin anything to instigate any rodeos. Cant say Id do any different though I too, am a slow learner. Haha
I decided a long time ago-the only time I'm shooting off a horse is to get the SOB before he gets me.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcebcj View Post
You can get a horse to settle down but I think it's bad for their ears unless you cover them.
That's why I haven't tried it, I know I could talk my older mare into it but I think it's pretty hard on em without specific loads for that purpose. Besides the old girl would probably bite me for it
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Old 02-03-2013, 12:52 PM
Platinum Member

Pretty common anymore. I do think some put ear plugs in. If I get to anywhere close to this guy I would be elated.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Platinum Member

get yourself a good O-Mok-See horse and load up some mild black powder snakeshot
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe