Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Rookie (or stupid ) question about Savage 116.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2005, 11:12 AM

Rookie (or stupid ) question about Savage 116.

My wife bought the last week a savage 116 with accutriger, each time that she installs the bolt and close the bolt handle, the safety does not work and she need lift the bolt handle so that the cocking indicator return to its position normal... is that right. ...because the manual said she don't need lift the bolt [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].

Thank guys for yours patience and time.

Niet

PD.:United we stand...for you GOODGROUPER.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:56 PM

Re: Rookie (or stupid ) question about Savage 116.

Not sure about the new accutriggers. But the old ones have three position safeties. full safety locks the bolt in place. Middle safety (half of the red dot showing) keeps the trigger from moving but lets you operate the bolt (without completely removing the bolt). The old ones can be adjusted with the trigger gaurd removed by moving the rear allen screw in the back of the trigger......can's say yours is the same.
Old 02-19-2005, 11:16 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Rookie (or stupid ) question about Savage 116.

I don't know the answer to the question you have but I will say: DON'T LOAD AMMO IN THIS GUN UNTILL TOU KNOW IT IS WORKING AS IT WAS DESIGNED. If you need to take the gun back and make the salesperson show you how it works. Untill then don't load the gun.