Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

View Poll Results: Most Accurate Hunting Rifle Out Of The Box
Browning 31 4.08%
Cooper 90 11.86%
CZ 12 1.58%
Dakota 7 0.92%
Henry 0 0%
Howa 13 1.71%
Kimber 4 0.53%
Marlyn 5 0.66%
NEF 1 0.13%
Remington 125 16.47%
Sako 77 10.14%
Savage 275 36.23%
Steyr 10 1.32%
Thompson 9 1.19%
Weatherby 37 4.87%
Winchester 19 2.50%
Other 44 5.80%
Voters: 759. You may not vote on this poll

Right Out Of The Box----

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 11:48 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Right Out Of The Box----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAL Shot View Post
I own 3 CZ centerfire rifles and all of them shoot 1/2" at 100 yards with handloads. My CZ 452 shoots 1" groups at 100 yards with cheap CCI Blazer .22LR ammo.

All my CZ centerfire rifles shoot twice as good as their factory targets indicate with good handloads.

The fact that Savage comes out on top in this survey means that Savage outsells CZ (and Sako and a few others) by a wide margin in the USA.

Russian Special Forces use CZ rifles. If Savage was better, they maybe could save a few bucks and it could give them better deniability. US Special Forces generally use something besides standard production rifles, but deniability is their major concern after a certain level of quality is reached. The CZ 75 pistol is one of their favorites. CZ is bigtime popular in the special forces world of many nations as their weapons are awesome in an absolute sense as well as for price. .
I've only owned one CZ and it wasn't a firearm. It was a motocross bike back when I raced motocross in the 70's. Was a royal PITA to start but ran like a scalded dog.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:54 PM
Platinum Member

This poll is flawed because the tikka t-3 isn't listed. That would be my vote.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:50 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Time Long Ranger View Post
This poll is flawed because the tikka t-3 isn't listed. That would be my vote.
The Tikka T-3 is a budget priced Sako, designed & manufactured by Sako. When Beretta bought Sako they directed the company to make a rifle at a lower price than existing Sakos, thus the Tikka rifles were born. They are still Sakos — even if may owners don't know it!

Since Sako rifles are listed, Tikka is covered.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:07 PM
Platinum Member

All true but the Sako is a much better built rifle and much more expensive so to lump the 2 into the same category causes confusion and issues IMO.

Scot E.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:15 AM
Silver Member

Remington sendero sf II in a 300 wm, gun shoots same hole at a hundred.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Silver Member

Coopers will flat out shoot any of the others listed. It is not even a matter of opinion. I personally would have excluded the Dakotas and Coopers because they are more of a semi custom. Of the true production rifles listed I feel that on average Savages are the most accurate out of the box.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfurman24 View Post
Coopers will flat out shoot any of the others listed. It is not even a matter of opinion. I personally would have excluded the Dakotas and Coopers because they are more of a semi custom. Of the true production rifles listed I feel that on average Savages are the most accurate out of the box.
if you goto a bench rest shoot sometime, check out the firing line. You won't see many (if any Coopers there). It's almost always a Savage or a Remington, and usually Savages.
gary