close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

View Poll Results: Most Accurate Hunting Rifle Out Of The Box
Browning 36 4.41%
Cooper 91 11.15%
CZ 14 1.72%
Dakota 7 0.86%
Henry 0 0%
Howa 14 1.72%
Kimber 6 0.74%
Marlyn 5 0.61%
NEF 1 0.12%
Remington 137 16.79%
Sako 83 10.17%
Savage 292 35.78%
Steyr 11 1.35%
Thompson 9 1.10%
Weatherby 40 4.90%
Winchester 21 2.57%
Other 49 6.00%
Voters: 816. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Right Out Of The Box----

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #92  
Unread 02-09-2013, 03:26 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Northeast
Posts: 3,308
Re: Right Out Of The Box----

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
Savage is way out front. Lets hope that Savage, Kimber and Henry can stay in business in NY State considering the recent events. Kimber and Henry are in ther city and Savage is upstate.
Savage is in Westfield MA. If they managed to stay in business in Massachusetts, any firearm company should. It is a crap state, with morons for government officials!!!!!
__________________

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  •   #93  
    Unread 02-09-2013, 05:40 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Dec 2011
    Location: S.E. Michigan
    Posts: 4,120
    Re: Right Out Of The Box----

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    Savage is in Westfield MA. If they managed to stay in business in Massachusetts, any firearm company should. It is a crap state, with morons for government officials!!!!!
    For some reason I thought they were in upstate NY. My mistake. Kimber and Henry are in NYC. My 1911 says Yonkers, New York on the slide and my Henry says made in Brooklyn.

    Isn't Mass synonomus with the'Fork in the road'......

    IMO, very few states don't have crap politicians.....
    __________________
    'It's not about me, it's about we'..........
    Reply With Quote

      #94  
    Unread 02-09-2013, 06:23 PM
    Bronze Member
     
    Join Date: Jul 2011
    Posts: 37
    Re: Right Out Of The Box----

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
    Savage is way out front. Lets hope that Savage, Kimber and Henry can stay in business in NY State considering the recent events. Kimber and Henry are in ther city and Savage is upstate.

    If I was them, I'd pull out of their state and move to the mid west just for "principle".

    Their assault on the people of NY alone and their rights to protect themselves are unconscionable....IMHO

    I don't know what keeps Ruger in NH and H&R in MA either?...The NE isn't friendly to business in general....
    Reply With Quote
      #95  
    Unread 02-09-2013, 06:46 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: greenwood, IN
    Posts: 4,025
    Re: Right Out Of The Box----

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
    Savage is way out front. Lets hope that Savage, Kimber and Henry can stay in business in NY State considering the recent events. Kimber and Henry are in ther city and Savage is upstate.
    I'll not be surprised to see them move
    gary
    Reply With Quote
      #96  
    Unread 02-09-2013, 06:57 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Jan 2008
    Location: Northeast
    Posts: 3,308
    Re: Right Out Of The Box----

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
    For some reason I thought they were in upstate NY. My mistake. Kimber and Henry are in NYC. My 1911 says Yonkers, New York on the slide and my Henry says made in Brooklyn.

    Isn't Mass synonomus with the'Fork in the road'......

    IMO, very few states don't have crap politicians.....
    Savage is about an hour from where I live. They host a lot if rifle shoots and invited all the shooters from our club for a tour of the plant. Showed us the production process from start to finish. We were very impressed with the high level of expertise and pride evident with everyone we met. It's no wonder they hole first place in this poll.
    __________________

    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
    Reply With Quote
      #97  
    Unread 02-09-2013, 07:29 PM
    Bronze Member
     
    Join Date: Jul 2011
    Posts: 37
    Re: Right Out Of The Box----

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    Savage is about an hour from where I live. They host a lot if rifle shoots and invited all the shooters from our club for a tour of the plant. Showed us the production process from start to finish. We were very impressed with the high level of expertise and pride evident with everyone we met. It's no wonder they hole first place in this poll.

    It's been a while since I've been up there in MA but do they still have that sign on the interstates at the boarder that you need to check any firearms in to state police or "officials" when entering the state?
    Reply With Quote
      #98  
    Unread 02-09-2013, 08:00 PM
    RTK RTK is offline
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: Left coast, kalifornia
    Posts: 329
    Re: Right Out Of The Box----

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WVRifleman View Post
    It's been a while since I've been up there in MA but do they still have that sign on the interstates at the boarder that you need to check any firearms in to state police or "officials" when entering the state?
    You gotta be kidding me
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes



    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
    All content ©2010-2015 Long Range Hunting, LLC