Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

View Poll Results: Most Accurate Hunting Rifle Out Of The Box
Browning 31 4.16%
Cooper 86 11.54%
CZ 12 1.61%
Dakota 7 0.94%
Henry 0 0%
Howa 12 1.61%
Kimber 4 0.54%
Marlyn 5 0.67%
NEF 1 0.13%
Remington 123 16.51%
Sako 73 9.80%
Savage 275 36.91%
Steyr 10 1.34%
Thompson 9 1.21%
Weatherby 36 4.83%
Winchester 19 2.55%
Other 42 5.64%
Voters: 745. You may not vote on this poll

Right Out Of The Box----

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 03:26 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Right Out Of The Box----

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
Savage is way out front. Lets hope that Savage, Kimber and Henry can stay in business in NY State considering the recent events. Kimber and Henry are in ther city and Savage is upstate.
Savage is in Westfield MA. If they managed to stay in business in Massachusetts, any firearm company should. It is a crap state, with morons for government officials!!!!!

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Old 02-09-2013, 05:40 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Savage is in Westfield MA. If they managed to stay in business in Massachusetts, any firearm company should. It is a crap state, with morons for government officials!!!!!
For some reason I thought they were in upstate NY. My mistake. Kimber and Henry are in NYC. My 1911 says Yonkers, New York on the slide and my Henry says made in Brooklyn.

Isn't Mass synonomus with the'Fork in the road'......

IMO, very few states don't have crap politicians.....
Old 02-09-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Savage is way out front. Lets hope that Savage, Kimber and Henry can stay in business in NY State considering the recent events. Kimber and Henry are in ther city and Savage is upstate.

If I was them, I'd pull out of their state and move to the mid west just for "principle".

Their assault on the people of NY alone and their rights to protect themselves are unconscionable....IMHO

I don't know what keeps Ruger in NH and H&R in MA either?...The NE isn't friendly to business in general....
Old 02-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
I'll not be surprised to see them move
gary
Old 02-09-2013, 06:57 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
For some reason I thought they were in upstate NY. My mistake. Kimber and Henry are in NYC. My 1911 says Yonkers, New York on the slide and my Henry says made in Brooklyn.

Isn't Mass synonomus with the'Fork in the road'......

IMO, very few states don't have crap politicians.....
Savage is about an hour from where I live. They host a lot if rifle shoots and invited all the shooters from our club for a tour of the plant. Showed us the production process from start to finish. We were very impressed with the high level of expertise and pride evident with everyone we met. It's no wonder they hole first place in this poll.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Old 02-09-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Savage is about an hour from where I live. They host a lot if rifle shoots and invited all the shooters from our club for a tour of the plant. Showed us the production process from start to finish. We were very impressed with the high level of expertise and pride evident with everyone we met. It's no wonder they hole first place in this poll.

It's been a while since I've been up there in MA but do they still have that sign on the interstates at the boarder that you need to check any firearms in to state police or "officials" when entering the state?
Old 02-09-2013, 08:00 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVRifleman View Post
It's been a while since I've been up there in MA but do they still have that sign on the interstates at the boarder that you need to check any firearms in to state police or "officials" when entering the state?
You gotta be kidding me