Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Ricochet - Sometimes it hurts.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 11:33 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Ricochet - Sometimes it hurts.

Great pic

Bad legs

Kinda need a bit of a shave.

Thanks for the warning. I'm fairly new to the pistol game and will remember your example.

The XD is pretty nifty. Huh?
Old 07-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
The XD is pretty nifty. Huh?
XDm ... and yes it is quite the handgun.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Platinum Member

If you do go to the doc, don't tell him it was a bullet. he will have to report it and then the cops will write up a report and you will be one more statistic added to the the Brady centers accidental shooting list.

If it gets infected tell the doc you tripped and kicked a rusty pitch fork
Old 07-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyboy View Post
If you do go to the doc, don't tell him it was a bullet. he will have to report it and then the cops will write up a report and you will be one more statistic added to the the Brady centers accidental shooting list.

If it gets infected tell the doc you tripped and kicked a rusty pitch fork
++++10000000000 WITH COYBOY!
VERY VERY GOOD POINT!!!!! I dont advocate lying, but withholding information concerning firearms/accidents would be a VERY GOOD IDEA!!!

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 07-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Platinum Member

If it even looks like it good be a wound from a bullet there's a reasonable chance they may call LE and there you are on the gurney and all of a sudden your being asked questions by an LE officer. In that instance it's no time to start weighing the consequences of lying. So one might want to check in their particular state what one could be charged with such as obstructing an investigation, lying to a LE official and heck if you file an insurance claim...well that would be insurance fraud...so I'd check that too. And then of coarse there's this wonderful internet/paper trail we've all created. The penalties could range from misdimeanor to possibly a felony....and there's goes gun ownership. So in a nutshell...think ahead of time what will you do and how confident are you that family, friends will sing the same tune. Either way, if LE is called there's going to be a report. IMHO I'm not willing to gamble and take on the risk just to avoid becoming some statistic.

What would anyone stand to lose by telling the truth? I mean really what are the consequences? Just my 2 cents
Old 07-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas1 View Post
If it even looks like it good be a wound from a bullet there's a reasonable chance they may call LE and there you are on the gurney and all of a sudden your being asked questions by an LE officer. In that instance it's no time to start weighing the consequences of lying. So one might want to check in their particular state what one could be charged with such as obstructing an investigation, lying to a LE official and heck if you file an insurance claim...well that would be insurance fraud...so I'd check that too. And then of coarse there's this wonderful internet/paper trail we've all created. The penalties could range from misdimeanor to possibly a felony....and there's goes gun ownership. So in a nutshell...think ahead of time what will you do and how confident are you that family, friends will sing the same tune. Either way, if LE is called there's going to be a report. IMHO I'm not willing to gamble and take on the risk just to avoid becoming some statistic.

What would anyone stand to lose by telling the truth? I mean really what are the consequences? Just my 2 cents

Chas1, that is a very good point, with that little wound I guess I wouldn't be too concerned with them thinking it was a gunshot wound. But if the LE showed up I would tell the truth. Whats he going to charge you with lying to the Doctor?
I think 50% or more of the population has been quilty of that.

If the pitch fork sounds too cheesy for SD then tell doc it was a kick out from the lawn mower.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Platinum Member

Jim, I agree. A kick out from the mower does sound better. I'm part of the 50% club...I usually only tell the Doc enough to write the cold RX etc but, not enough to where he's gonna order a battery of tests... probably should stop that now that I'm getting old enough to where what used to be syptoms of a common cold or ache or pain may one day be something more serious. Just not a fan of medical stuff.