Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

This reporter could make a box of kittens sound sinister.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2007, 09:34 AM

This reporter could make a box of kittens sound sinister.

msnbc story

"Authorities also discovered a machine in the garage that was used to load the gunpowder into empty casings. The practice known as "reloading" is common and not illegal because ammunition is often expensive, ATF spokeswoman Susan Raichel said."
Old 03-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Silver Member

Re: This reporter could make a box of kittens sound sinister.

And she is the spokeswoman for the ATF????making comments like that. "That's not the reason why we're reloading" ignorant B^#%*.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:51 AM
Gold Member

Ammo "Exploding" in a fire is not dangerous. Bullet will just lay next to the case. Gotta be in a gun to do its thing!
Old 03-04-2007, 08:27 AM

I wonder what other evil-sounding instruments we all have and don't realize it.
"A liquid centrifuge, used for precise mixing of ingredients, was found in the ashes. Sometimes referred to as a "blender", these devices have been used by the gun culture for preparing "daiquiris" an alcohol laced concoction." said BATF spokesman Harvey Wallbanger.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ammo "Exploding" in a fire is not dangerous. Bullet will just lay next to the case. Gotta be in a gun to do its thing!

[/ QUOTE ]

Throw a box of 22rf's in a fire, stand next to it and tell me what happens.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Silver Member

it wont kill you like in the movies, the sides of the brass cases take far less energy to pop than it takes to push the bullet out.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Silver Member

My dad scared the heck outof me when I was a kid by throwing 22s in the fire. But as Biff said; a little puff/pop and some ash gets thrown around. Since them I have put some 22wcf in a fire with the bullets against a flat rock. After they popped we siffted the bullets out of the ashes and they weren't even deformed. It's still hadr to get over the idea though.

Another thought...that was all with brass cases...I wonder if it would be different with the nickle casses like "Stingers" have?