Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Remingtons Warranty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Gold Member
Remingtons Warranty

Does anyone have any experience with Remingtons warranty? I got a new 700 XCR Tactical 308 for christmas last year. I finally had a big gun cleaning today. Something was just not right with the barrel. I found it had an extremely rough spot from about an inch from the muzzle down about a foot. It is scratched so bad it looks like someone shoved rebar in it. I took it back to the local gun shop to have them send it back on Monday. Then I went back home to inspect/clean the SenderoII 264 I also got for christmas. I found that inside the action it is so rough it is actually galled. There are tool marks on the tang and on the bolt handle. Is this something I can return this rifle for? It is so rough that when i ran my finger nail over action it ripped a chunk off my nail. There were flakes of stainless floating around in the action. I was just curious if this is something that Remington will replace and if anyone has had any experience returning anything to them for warranty. Thanks for the info. cinch