Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Rem VTR has arrived

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Platinum Member
Like they say, "Don't mud wrestle with a piggy cause you'll just end up muddy......and the piggy likes it". So I won't.

Just expressed an opinion, like you think you need to do all of the time. Difference is I don't make derogatory or personal remarks. What's the matter little buddy??? Got your little chef's hat all bunched up in your knickers?

You seem to have one hell of a chip on your shoulder and just can't wait to find a thread somewhere and piss on it. Problem is, most of the time you don't even read everything and end up making a fool of yourself because you don't read, or understand, what was written.

Your response was just what I expected given your history on this site of being pissed off all of the time and trying to pass your judgment on all others. You really need to take a chill pill because so far all you've done is piss off the population, but, I know you don't care and I guess that's just who and what you are.

Have a nice day with your new rifle. Sure hope you can get it to shoot better than 1.5" groups at 100 yards.

Unread 02-17-2008, 03:57 PM
Silver Member
Hmm? Reminds me of another thread.
Unread 02-17-2008, 03:59 PM
Silver Member
Good luck with the new gun. I bet with a little playing around you will see those groups tighten up. Thanks for the pics.
Unread 02-17-2008, 04:29 PM
Bronze Member
Great gun

Congrats on your gun. Agree with your last post. Pretty isn't perfect. But I think your new gun is perfect. Very useable. Sometimes people have to BUY a group the rest of use can shoot the group. Let us know how it shoots because I would love to own one. Very nice.
Unread 02-17-2008, 06:00 PM
Platinum Member
NONYA, Don't let one guy get to you. Your rifle is very nice. With the right reloading components, you will get that rifle to shoot sub MOA groups.

Lilke you said, not everyone can afford a $6000 set up. However, if you follow a strict reloading regiment, you will get that baby to shoot close to a $6000 rig.

Spend the extra money on the Lapua 308 Brass. It is worth the extra cash, and I bet it alone cuts your groups down. When you have the cash, look at either a after market trigger like Jewel or Shilen. The Shilen's run around $100 and the Jewels around $200, both are awesome triggers and will help cut down on your groups.

The other excellent advantage when buying a Remington rifle, their triggers are easy to work on. My friend got his Remington trigger adjusted buy a qualified gunsmith, and his pull is 1.5 pounds.

Enjoy your new rig and keep us informed on how she shoots after load developement.

Last edited by wildcat; 02-17-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Unread 02-17-2008, 06:08 PM
Official LRH Sponsor
I must be really under pricing my custom rifles. I have never even come remotely close to $6000 for one of my rifles let alone $10K.

In fact, even my top end rifles are closer to the price of that VTR then $10,000.

Maybe its time for a price increase if guys are getting this kind of money for their custom rifles.

Interesting looking rifle. I have no doubt it will shoot well with taylored loads, good luck with it and have fun with it.

Your preference of rifles aside, I garantee if you had the chance to shoot SS7mm's rifle just one time your opinion would DRAMTICALLY change, especially if you were shooting it at 1000 yards, which is what its designed for. Less recoil then your VTR and vastly superior reach at long range and terminal performance.

Just mentioning this because you insulted me again by calling one of my rifles a pimp rifle........

I used to think different of you, that is changing FAST.

Kirby Allen(50)
Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page:
Unread 02-17-2008, 06:51 PM
Silver Member
I really liked this forum. Over the past few weeks it seems like some of you have been really sensitive and posting nasty comments or at least testy comments about and to each other. That gets old fast.

Nothing gets accomplished and it ends up being a waste of time reading the posts. It seems like you have to wade through the personal problems just to get some valuable information. Maybe you guys should just PM each other and keep the posts "nasty comment free". Just a thought.