Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

REM 700 Factory Trigger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2005, 11:42 PM
Gold Member

Re: REM 700 Factory Trigger

Well everyone I adjusted all my triggers down to 2 1/4lbs except for the one that had the set screw snap in half when I was trying to break it free. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I was only using two fingers on my small screw drive and it made one turn then cracked in half. I guess I am going to have fun trying to drill that little $%#@^% out. Well if it comes down to it that rifle will get a Rifle basic trigger. All I can say is if you see some loctite on the threads after you scrape the outer layer off the screws. Do yourself a favor and heat the trigger assemble with a tourch for a few seconds then break the screws free. I wish I would have done that right away. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I slammed the bolt up and down on each rifle 50 to 60 times and the pin never went off on any of them. I also worked the saftey's 30+ times and tried to pull the trigger with it on and the pin did not fire so I think I am safe. Thanks everyone for the help!!!! The job was pretty simple with the directions you guys gave me. Thanks again!!!
P.S. Anyone want to drill out a set screw for me? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] J/K
Old 02-25-2005, 07:04 PM
Gold Member

jardinc.com has a pretty nice kit for the rem triggers for the do it yourselfer. I'm getting one of the 9oz to try on a varmit rifle.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:30 AM
Platinum Member

Freebore,
Nicely explained, I needed that my self. Thanks.

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 02-26-2005, 08:28 AM
Gold Member

Dakor,
I have tons of spare parts for Rem triggers- I can get those screws out if you want.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:50 AM
Gold Member

Chris I did get the screws out with a needle nose but thanks for the offer. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I will buy a trigger Pull screw and a sear Engagement screw from you if you have any? Just let me know. Thanks!
Old 02-26-2005, 11:05 AM
Platinum Member

For those of you who don't want to work on your own Remington triggers:

Neil Jones will rework your trigger and bring the weight down to any desired weight for $50, and that includes shipping. The minimum weight he will do is 1lb. I hade 2 triggers done by Neil. Biggame rifle trigger is set @ 2.5lb and breaks clean. Varmint rifle was reworked to 1lb and also breaks clean. I also tried to cause the pin to drop by slapping the bolt closed or by pulling the trigger with safety engaged, then released. Trigger would not drop the pin during my tests. Even the 1lb trigger appears to be quite safe.

VH
Old 02-26-2005, 03:22 PM
Gold Member

dakor,
shoot me an email with your address and I'll send 'em to you. Just return the favor someday... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]