Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Recomended Reading List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2004, 08:03 PM
Silver Member

Re: Recomended Reading List

It's amazing how many of these I've read. I didn't think I spent that much time at it outside techincal reading.

One of my favorites: "On Food and Cooking" - McGee. A great book that deals with the history and chemistry of cooking. It's about how to understand the interaction of ingredients and how they act under heat. Why things work.

The Lord of the Rings" was terrific and is one of the few sets I ever read more than once. (about had to to keep up with it)

"Rifle Accuracy Facts" - Vaughn, recently deceased I have read. Just a great book about guns in general.

Then, anything from Peter H Anderson. These deal with electronics engineering and are very hands on for a variety of new products. Great stuff for anyone who wants to learn on thier own. From discretes, to microcontrollers, to microprocessors, real world interfacing, Basic Stamp Processors, etc. He even has 2 books that show how to use a parallel port on a PC to either collect or output data or control. He has a website that has all sorts of kits you can buy. 100% of the proceeds go to the E-Engineering dept students at Morgan St U in MD. http://www.phanderson.com . Most of the site is handled by students. If my memory serves me (and it seldom does) something like more than 90% of his students take every single elective He offers during a year. Nice guy too.
Old 01-19-2004, 08:52 AM
Silver Member

Only those relating to the topic of this web site:

"Rifle Accuracy Facts" Harold Vaughn
"Modern Exterior Ballistics" Robert McCoy
"Understanding Firearms Ballistics" Robert Rinker"

I look forward to Dr. Howell's upcomming book on interior ballistics.

I have considered writing a self help book about how to get real small when people are shooting at you. I know it's not pertinent to this forum, but the future is never certain. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2004, 07:46 PM
Silver Member

MAX,

Sounds like you have a new girlfirend! Making plans, huh?