Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Recoil Galore!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Bronze Member
Re: Recoil Galore!!!

POP that was great. I laughed so hard that I got the hiccups. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Unread 05-21-2006, 11:53 AM
Platinum Member

That is a great clip. About a year ago I saw a video of a guy doing nearly the same thing with a rifle on an indoor range. It blew right out of his hands and the rifle went on the floor. I hope someone can repost the link if they remember it.

I about did that about a year ago with a new Ruger Super Blackhawk. I shoot one handed and it was real cold out and my skin was really dry. I usually shoot S&W's with Hogue grips. They never slip. For best accuracy I have adopted a very light grip. It also saves my wrist from taking a beating with heavy loads in my 5" 629. Well my buddy hands me his slick wooden gripped Blackhawk and I didn't think a thing about the slick grip or that it was a 44 mag. First shot that thing flew right out of my hand and the muzzle hit me in the neck right besides my adams apple. I caught it before it hit the ground. It was a real surprise for both of us as we have been playing with guns with each other since 5th grade. We are both over 40 now. After I convinced him I could really handle it I can still shoot it better than he can but you can bet I damp my fingers before I shoot. He still gives me heck about it whenever he thinks he can embarrass me with it.
Some kids want to be a fireman or a doctor to help people. I wanted to be a gunsmith.

NRA Life Member and I vote.

Only accurate rifles are interesting.

Gordy and Brady.
Unread 05-22-2006, 08:04 AM
Platinum Member

Go all the way down to AR videos. He has dozens of them. Additionally he has many kills on tape in Africa.
"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""