Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Recently lost my lifelong best friend and hunting partner.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 07:58 AM
Silver Member

Re: Recently lost my lifelong best friend and hunting partner.

Dick,

So sorry for the loss of your friend. Your tribute is a great reminder to appreciate the friends we have and make the most of the times together. The memories are all we ever really have.

Gene Jr.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:20 AM
Platinum Member

Dick, I am so sorry for your loss of a life long friend and hunting partner. Don't worry, you are not hunting alone, Gene will be there right with you, and if you talk to him from time to time in that quiet place or mountain top, he will hear.
I would hate to see you quit hunting, you and Gene devoted a lifetime to it and you carry on a welth of knowledge. Have you thought of taking a young person along to pass on what you guys learned? Maybe a friend or relative, or maybe that kid down the road that has no one to teach him? Just a thought.

Our prayers go out to family and friends.

God Bless

Jeff
Old 08-31-2011, 05:37 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks for everything guys. I just never thought that losing a close friend could leave such a hole in one's life.

Joel, I know what you're talking about. I've got things of his and I've already spent time in the hills with him along side since his passing. Hope nobody sees me shooting or hunting and talking to somebody that isn't there. They might call the guys with the little white jackets.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:04 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss7mm View Post
Hope nobody sees me shooting or hunting and talking to somebody that isn't there.
He is there Dick, his spirit will be with you all your days in the field.
Embrace that!

"Character is who you are when nobody is watching"
Old 08-31-2011, 06:22 PM
Silver Member

Sorry for your loss. I went through more or less the same thing after the 1999 Wyoming elk season. Since that time my hunting rifles have been safe queens. Just this year I pulled out my old varmint rifle and grudgling started doing some shooting again. Relive the memories, nothing wrong with that...In fact it helps. I'm not going to BS you... As time goes on it will get better...But not by much. My new next door neighbor has just recently got into hunting and after visiting with him is when I pulled my rifle out of the safe. I also joined a gun club last month and a young feller there wants me to help him learn how to reload. Look around. You've got years of info that you could pass along. Good Luck.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:57 PM
Platinum Member

Dick, I'm sure Gene would want you to carry on. The hunt is in your blood, the desire will return someday. Until then God bless you and Gene's Family.

You were a Lucky Man to have such a wonderful friend for so long.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:09 PM
Silver Member

I totally can relate to you. I lost my hunting partner in march of this year. He had just turned 41 yrs. old. That's why I really haven't made up my mind, if I am going to hunt this coming season.