Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Questions on lower sd and es

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 10:53 AM
JEREMY logan

Questions on lower sd and es

I'm going to do some shooting this weekend, befor i load up some rounds i have a few questions for you guys . The brass i'm using now has several rounds on them i'm just guessing say anywere from 7 to 9 shots . Question #1 should i get some brand new brass before i go any further? Question #2 i have a neck sizing die i can use but i mainly full length size now, if you have low es and sd how do you size your brass ? Supplies are hard to find these days and money is to, so any short cuts will help. Thanks for reading.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Questions on lower sd and es

If the brass is near the end of it's useful life, I'd use other brass, because the next lot of brass you get may give you different results. If you expect several more loadings from that brass and you have a bunch of it, then your results will be useful for a while.

Kinda depends on the details. If your results will be useable for a lot of future reloads, or if the brass is about dead.

AJ

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives
Old 06-11-2009, 12:10 PM
JEREMY logan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj peacock View Post
if the brass is near the end of it's useful life, i'd use other brass, because the next lot of brass you get may give you different results. If you expect several more loadings from that brass and you have a bunch of it, then your results will be useful for a while.

Kinda depends on the details. If your results will be useable for a lot of future reloads, or if the brass is about dead.

Aj
thanks aj , i may just get some new brass @ sw
Old 06-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Platinum Member

it's a shame he'd made some of his personal views, public. I was really looking forward to his progress.