Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Question for Goodgrouper!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2007, 08:35 AM
Bronze Member

Question for Goodgrouper!

I was wondering about your Thunder. I have read and re-read every post on your 338 Thunder. I live in Utah and was wondering if you or Kirby have your reamer? I would like to build a Thunder. PM me if you'd like. Thanks.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

GG has the reamer.

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 11-14-2007, 01:02 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhaust3 View Post
I was wondering about your Thunder. I have read and re-read every post on your 338 Thunder. I live in Utah and was wondering if you or Kirby have your reamer? I would like to build a Thunder. PM me if you'd like. Thanks.
Sorry for the late reply. Been out of town awhile.
I have the reamer and Kirby did the chambering. Dave Manson has the blue prints and will give them out with my permission (which you have) or if Kirby does the work, you can borrow it if you like. It is a tight neck though and factory 338 Ultra mag brass will not fit in it to fireform. All brass must be turned.

A friend of mine from Wyoming borrowed the reamer this year to make him a long range whacker and interestingly enough, his gun liked the same powders, same seating depths, same bullets, and same charges of powder when same lots were used. In other words, it seems to be fairly predictable for load development and I happen to have a TON of load data!
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.