Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

A Question for all Hunters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2004, 11:22 PM

Re: A Question for all Hunters

I will definitely post them for you. Give me a week or so to sort them out though, and I'll start a new thread for them.

My Screen name is an isiZulu word for "Hunter".

Not too original in English perhaps [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] but appropriate for my location and circumstances I felt.

Thanks again all
Good Hunting
--Umzingeli
Old 08-20-2004, 12:01 AM

Tracking the elephant, the vicious wallaby, Stung by snakes and scorpions....

It reminds me of that old Monty Python bit called 4 Gentlemen...

4 rich guys in tuxedos sit around the club talking about what a horrible childhood they had, each story gets worse...

Last one i'll quote...

"When I was a kid we got up a half hour before we went to bed, worked 28 hours in the mill, and when we got home our father murdered us in our sleep and danced upon our graves"

Sorry, it had nothing to do with hunting but hey!
Old 09-07-2004, 05:14 PM
Bronze Member

Can anyone here help me with the correct spelling of "pomp-ass" or is this not the correct forum for spell check?
Old 09-17-2004, 12:07 PM

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Well Umzingeli if you don't have contempt for your clients, you could do nothing except feed them maize for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Just that and you would be ahead of your competition.

[ 09-17-2004: Message edited by: StrayDog ]
Old 10-05-2004, 10:27 AM
Sponsor

PH,

I HAVE BEEN BOTH HUNTER AND GUIDE, I HAVE BEEN A PROFESSIONAL GUNMAN ALL OF MY ADULT LIFE, LAW ENFORCEMENT ETC. DIFFERENT HUNTERS WANT AND REQUIRE DIFFERENT HUNTS. THEY WANT DIFFERENT EXPERENCES ON THE HUNT. SOME PEOPLE LIKE TO ELK HUNT HUNT BY BACK PACKING INTO AREAS THAT ARE RUGGED AND HAVE LITTLE HUMAN ACTIVITY. THIS REQUIRES MAYBE A DAY HIKE EACH WAY JUST TO GET WHERE YOU ARE GOING TO START HUNTING. GETTING THE DOWNED ANIMAL OUT IS A WHOLE OTHER ISSUE. HUNTER B WANTS TO GO HUNT ELK BY RIDING A HORSE INTO AN AREA GLASSING FOR THE ELK FROM NO FUTHER THAN 20 FEET FROM THE HORSE, MAKING A SHO NO FUTHER THAN 20 FEET FROM THE HORSE AND HAVING THE GUIDE DO ALL OF THE PACKING QUARTERING ETC. IS HUNTER B LESS OF A HUNTER FOR WANTING THIS KIND OF HUNT? OF COURSE NOT. THEY ARE SIMPLY DIFFERENT HUNTERS AND WHILE I CHOOSE TO HUNT RUGGED COUNTRY AND DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO MAKE MY HUNT SUCCESSFUL I DON'T SEE ANY REASON TO TURN MY NOSE UP AT ANYONE WHO DOES NOT SHARE MY PASSIONS OR HUNTING TECHNIQUES. I HAVE HUNTED WITH PEOPLE THAT WERE OUT OF SHAPE, COULD NOT SHOOT WELL AT ALL, SCARED OF THE DARK, AND JUST NOT WOODSMAN, THIS IS WHY THEY HIRED A GUIDE AND OUTFITTER TO GIVE THEM A HUNT "THEY" WOULD ENJOY. TO GIVE THEM A HUNT WITH "BALLS" AS YOU PUT IT WOULD BE A DISSERVICE TO THEM. I BELIEVE THE TOPIC WAS HOW AN OUTFITTER / GUIDE COULD PROVIDE A BETTER HUNTING EXPERENCE FOR THE CLIENT, NOT HOW CAN YOU CRITIZE PEOPLE WHO CHOOSE NOT TO HUNT LIKE YOU DO.

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659