Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Question about Darrell Holland guns.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2005, 10:54 PM
Platinum Member

Question about Darrell Holland guns.

I was doing some cleaning and found a 1998 catalog of Darrells package guns. Every one of them have a thicker chamber area that is about 6 inches long. Is this a special contour that leaves a very heavy chamber area or is it a barrel sleeve or is it a barrel block type of deal like on the MOAG?
Old 04-22-2005, 11:32 PM
Gold Member

Re: Question about Darrell Holland guns.

4ked horn,
I believe it is a special contour,which allows for a v-block bedding under that 6" of chamber area and then it steps down to allow for a recoil lug in front of the v-block and then a special cap is screwed on in front of that to hold the recoil lug on.I believe they were Pac-nor barrels He was using with that special contour.
FWIW,
308nate
Old 04-23-2005, 02:19 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Question about Darrell Holland guns.

OK that makes sence now. He mentioned V block bedding. And I know he makes a fatso recoil lug but I don't see it infront of the receiver but there is a step in front of the big section. Yep,and there is the cap thingy. You da man. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Barrel makers were Pac-Nor, Hart and Schneider.

Thanks.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:05 PM
SPONSOR

Gentlemen,

You are correct, that is our VEE-BLOCK technology that allowed the action to completely free-float. It was a very successful method of bedding and produced excellent results! It was very labor intensive however, since then we developed our pillared system utilizing our special 82 counter-bored screws. The pillared system makes a lighter rifle which seems to be the trend these days?

Just a little history for those who are interested.

Be safe and shoot straight!

Darrell Holland