Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Prairie Gunworks...........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2005, 07:51 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Prairie Gunworks...........

I know what you mean mindcrime.
I orderd a one off M3Ti with every bell & whistle. The $2800 down I paid for a completed rifle, barely covered the cost of the action. This would have been a very nice hunting rifle.
That was like 3 1/2 years ago, and I never got anything. Too bad I couldn't right it off somehow.

What happened?
They led me on for a couple years, which was frustrating. Then after mentioning my order on a forum, I was contacted by a couple people, including a magazine gunwriter. They gave me a heads up w/regard to PGW's money raising venture, and suggested I press for any settlement before they secured contracts.
So I did, and it all came to light plane as day. They had been taking US orders for any and everything, promising the world. Then rolling the money straight into obtaining contracts. They kept a pretty good front, and did trickle out rifles to some. But I was one of the unlucky salmon who's ordered action no longer fit into the business plan. Not a model slated for mass/programed production.
Oh yeah, they did actually attempt to get the total balance for the completed rifle. Then admitted(when challenged) that it hadn't even been started! Close one.
The last communication with them(I have them all) represented a peak to their mountain of lies. If interested in these communications, just email for a transcript.

I've moved on and have nothing to gain or loose with the whole mess. But I feel compelled to warn others. As was done for me, thankfully.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:03 PM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
mindcrime where are you at in Midd. Tenn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cookeville. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Where are you located? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2005, 02:08 PM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]

Cookeville. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Where are you located? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fayetteville, when I'm home. Though I'll be here for at least a few monthes. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2005, 09:23 AM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
Fayetteville, when I'm home. Though I'll be here for at least a few monthes. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where are you now? Iraq? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2005, 03:32 PM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
Where are you now? Iraq? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Na. Not right now. I'm corrently in Fayetteville.