Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

View Poll Results: So, what are the real reasons for all the stockpiling?
Take on Gub'ment 16 8.56%
Gives me sense of purpose 4 2.14%
Going to find me a bell tower 1 0.53%
The "O" word 54 28.88%
Satisfies strange sexual urges 24 12.83%
Kind of like the 401K I don't have, the price can only go up right? 41 21.93%
Compensating for something 2 1.07%
Other 45 24.06%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Poll- Why are you hoarding ammo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-16-2009, 06:38 AM
Gold Member
Re: Poll- Why are you hoarding ammo?

Originally Posted by NONYA View Post
Me and the GF bought 1000 mag rifle primers today,my guy wont let you buy any more,prevents assholes from buying him out for resale like they did a couple months ago.He got 1.2 million primers yesterday and a million a week ago,the is no shortage of primers or most powders in my neck of the woods.
Your a lucky guy to have a good supply around you. I like that shop's policy.....maybe others should try it!

Unread 05-16-2009, 10:02 PM

Hes a small time private dealer who does FFL 's and builds a few ARs,he has a will call list and he calls when he has enough to go around,he got burned by a couple gun show bandits early in this BS and wont sell bulk to anyone again.I f he even thinks you are buying more than you are using for yourself you are off the list,he wont supply for resale.
Unread 05-18-2009, 04:24 PM

Lots of Range shooting - have always had what you might call enough / I love the smell of ammo ..........
Unread 05-19-2009, 11:15 PM
Gold Member

I'm not hoarding, I normally have this much. You should have seen the supplies when I was shooting shotgun! I'd go thru over a ton of shot a year. Try figuring out how much power/primers that took!!!
Unread 07-24-2009, 11:32 PM
Bronze Member

It's easy to understand your frustration what with the current ammo/components situation. One of the sad aspects is that it is some of our fellow shooters who are contributing to the problems by mass buying when it hits the shelves and then marking it up and selling it to the gullible at gun shows. Seeing more and more bulk ammo at the gun shows with the "China Mart" stickers still on the boxes. I'm like you. I hope there is a sudden and unexpected turn around and those louts lose their shirts.

This whole thing reminds me of the Y2K panic. Person couldn't find a portable generator to save your butt. The one's that were available suddenly went up double in price. (the law of supply and demand) was the culprit. Yeah! Right! After the whole fiasco blew over, one could buy never used portable generators at garage sales for half their original cost. I mean you simply cannot fix "stupid"! Hang in there, the pendulim will swing. it always does.
Unread 08-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Platinum Member

A little late on an older thread but.......

I don't hoard but I do feel comfortable when I have sufficient for my needs. Plus some to help others if need be.

I made the usual stop at Sportsman's Warehouse in Albuquerque, to do the usual browse of the empty shelves. They had a few nosler bulletsl w/a two box limit.

However, on the top shelf was 8# of US 869. Price was steep, it was there and I had the dough so I snapped it up. I don't think things are going to get any more available or less in price.

That 8#s plus what I already have is a life time supply for both my 338 Rum and 270 AM.

Now for some Retumbo for the even bigger girl and I'll be set for life.
Unread 08-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Platinum Member

Hoarding?? I practically shoot it as fast as I can load it.
I'm not gonna shoot here. I'm gonna shoot waaaaaaaay over there!