Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Please share your 4-legged friend(s) ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 03:07 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Please share your 4-legged friend(s) ...

she's a beauty! my son got a (almost totally black) german shepherd last august. it already weighs 80 pounds! it seems to be very trainable, and has a great disposition. it tries to play with every dog it encounters.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:50 AM
Silver Member

My boys, Monmouth and Wellington AKA Moe-Moe and Wellie
Old 03-27-2013, 02:07 AM
Platinum Member

Do 4 legged friends have to be dogs???
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Please share your 4-legged friend(s) ...-getting-know-yote.jpg  
Old 03-27-2013, 06:46 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
Nope! Roy, that there is classic!

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:43 PM
Silver Member

Location: NY, #50 on the all time best States to live in! and droppin' fast! :)

Here's a couple of my rescue labs.

Bean, the chocolate lab is the serious one. Nothing gets by Bean. Very athletic and can swim for hours. I got Bean from the pound in April 2009. She was pulled out of a puppy mill and was really abused. Very skittish and not wanting to socialize with people. It took some time but today she is extremely well adjusted and well behaved. Not afraid of the shotgun and is a better flushing dog than a retriever but has a soft mouth when she does retrieve.

Marilyn, the yellow lab is just the opposite. The only thing she takes seriously is a good scratch under the ears and she's a complete clutz. Marilyn was given to me in July 2010 at 7 months old. She had been kept in a 4th floor apartment in NYC. That owner knew the situation was bad but wouldn't give the dog to just anyone because she didn't want the dog used for fighting. She found out about me and just sent the Marilyn to me. The day I got her, she could barely walk. Exercise and diet plus a lot of TLC had her muscle tone and stamina up in a few weeks. That fall, at 10 months old she retrieved her first pheasant with no training at all. She retrieves naturally with a soft mouth.

The rifle is a stock 700 VSSF ii in .223. The bane of woodchucks, coyotes and foxes. The longest shot with it is just over 500 yds. and the woodchuck had a bad day.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Please share your 4-legged friend(s) ...-dscn0031.jpg   Please share your 4-legged friend(s) ...-dscn0268.jpg  

Old 03-30-2013, 12:13 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
That is awesome! I can not get a 1300lbs. horse to pack a 100 lbs. wolf unless it is skinned, and you have a 150 lbs. goat that packs two coyotes? You are the real deal!!!