Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

PLEASE READ --- Time to fine tune the LRH forum rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2010, 03:48 PM
PUBLISHER

PLEASE READ --- Time to fine tune the LRH forum rules

As we grow we need to review how things are changing, which things are working and which aren't.

Lately we've had quite a few political and one religious topic that have ended up being contentious.

Contentiousness is the absolute antithesis of this site.

So --- no more political topics/threads of any kind, except 2nd amendment.

Ditto as to religious topics.

Please read the rest of the modified forum rules HERE

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors

Last edited by ADMIN; 01-29-2013 at 06:03 AM.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:18 PM
PUBLISHER

Re: PLEASE READ --- Time to fine tune the LRH forum rules

Quote:
I it is a vital part of who we are and what we do.
Yes, it is too bad it didn't work out, I truly liked offering the discussion opportunities, but that is the way life goes sometimes. Others thought they could put lots of unrelated political topics in there.

It is important to stay involved with 2nd amendment issues. But I imagine there are lots of places where we can continue to do that effectively.

Old 02-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Gold Member

Len,

I support whatever it takes to make the site successful.

While I may have added my thoughts to the threads that are now off limits, I do appreciate that in the future when I come to the Long Range Hunting Venue, I can find simply that which I was looking to find.

As you state, there are plenty of other locations to discuss subjects that tend to get lively or contentious.

Unsolicited idea to consider whenever the next changes are initiated.....feel free to remove this if you would rather not get into this type of thing. One thing that I have seen on other forums is a limit on the ability of new members to immediately use the classified section. While I think that it is a possible boon to us to have these items available, it seems that those with few posts often do not respond to emails or the thread. Perhaps setting a low reasonable limit if the software will allow of 20-25 posts...Just an idea.

Thanks for the service you provide as I have learned much from the members of this site.
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty to throw off such governments. …” Jefferson

We are very close to this point now.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Backus View Post
Yes, it is too bad it didn't work out, I truly liked offering the discussion opportunities, but that is the way life goes sometimes. Others thought they could put lots of unrelated political topics in there.

It is important to stay involved with 2nd amendment issues. But I imagine there are lots of places where we can continue to do that effectively.

This is the only site that I participate in. The only one I have ever participated in. I have looked at others, but never participated. I have not seen the quality anywhere else that I see here. Thus I have not been inspired to participate.

I had said in one of the last political posts that I felt the cross section of people here was very good, and made me comfortable to fuss, discuss, and even argue. I think even the most contentious of threads hear have been quite civil. Over the last several years I have seen little to nothing that I would not let my kids read. Rarely do I even see folks using symbols to show that they are using foul language. I think guys have gotten angry, but hey, that happens.

Not that it matters now, but I would rather see a forum that is for things not related to hunting/shooting, than closing the door.

I know you don't want to play referee, but if it is not done with some kind of class, it's not tolerated.

Len, thank for the invitation into your living room. I am a guest and I understand that. I just hate to see some of the life of the site disappear.

Steve
Old 02-14-2010, 10:07 PM
Platinum Member

Len, I have read the rules and taken note! I sincerely apologize to you and your wife for any liberties taken while in your living room.
This is truely a one of the kinde site and it requires men to act like men and respect opinions of others just like your in a face to face conversation.
Thanks for such a wonderful site and I'll pick up my slack as they say around here.

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 02-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Platinum Member

Len, I regret that you had to delete my thread . I really liked it , I understand that your the boss and this is your site what I don't understand is no one is forced to read the thread . If they didn't like it then seems to me they could have moved on to something that is more tasteful . I feel like you were getting pm's requesting it be deleted is this the case or am I wrong ? I really like this site . If it is okay with you Len I welcome those that responded to my thread to pm me so we can talk about the Bible in privacey . I've been doing some homework and I had some really nice points to make but the dern snow has kept me from the computer all weekend long until today

Thanks,

Bigbuck
Old 02-15-2010, 04:23 PM
PUBLISHER

Quote:
feel like you were getting pm's requesting it be deleted
Not a factor at all in my decision.