Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

The thread is closed

Please Read: anyone know Jesse Marx?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2011, 10:03 AM
Gold Member

Re: Please Read: anyone know Jesse Marx?

That is a bummer! Its happened to me, they send another item so they have a receipt of shipping to stall the investigation of the transaction. I would suggest only paying by PayPal and not as a gift. At least you have some recourse on transactions and they are great about investigating and refunding, it takes some time but the do it.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:15 AM
Platinum Member

When new posters, with very low post counts, list items for sale it always raises a red flag to me. I've noticed people whose very first post was a "for sale" item.

I'd be very reluctant to send any money to a total stranger who is virtually unknown to the regular posters on any site.

Good luck with getting some restitution on your transaction. A little justice after that would be nice too. The few dishonest guys make internet sales a gamble for everyone.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:20 PM
Bronze Member

I am fssticka that Jesse Marx took for $1300.00 on probably the same nightforce scope. He did send me a $ 100.00 Simmons instead of the nightforce scope. the reason I think he did that was to show he had sent something in the mail. This guy needs to be caught and put in jail. The money needs to be paid back. I did contact long range hunting and they said it was between me and Jesse Marx. I have bought thousands of dollars of stuff on long range hunting and I do not know if I want to buy on here again. I know most people are honest but once in awhile, you run into a crook like Jesse Marx. If you know anything at all about this man, you should post it on every hunting sight that you know of. Thanks to all !
Old 12-26-2011, 08:32 PM
Bronze Member

You guys haven't contacted authorities yet? Surely there has got to be some way they can track him down. I would get on it asap.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:09 PM
Silver Member

Like I said before guys, if you sent payment by mail, it is postal fraud! talk to your postmaster at the post office. My brother in law is a post master and he is the one that told me about it after I got taken several years ago. They caught the perp.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:15 AM
Gold Member

A buddy I work with had something similar happen to him. Most post offices have video servailance now. The package was post marked on a certain day. They caught the guy by watching the video and watching for a certain sized package to be mailed.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:45 PM
Silver Member

I got a call today from Alex as I am buying his old scope.I hope this all works out for him.seems like a good guy and I would be pissed if this happened to me.
The thread is closed