Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

The thread is closed

Please Read: anyone know Jesse Marx?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2011, 04:06 PM
Silver Member

Please Read: anyone know Jesse Marx?

Has anyone dealt with this person before? He is located in Del Valle, TX. I recently responded to an ad he had for a nightforce nxs 5.5-22x50 scope he had listed. after alot of pm correspondence we agreed on a price of $1600 for a nxs with HS and ZS with an np-r1 reticle. I recieved my package yesterday and what was inside was a panasonic toughbook. I have sent him several pm's with no response even though he has logged on to LRH. With increasing worry I decieded to contact a fellow LRH member (fssticka) who had viewed his profile. I was horrified to find out that this past august the same person under the profile SVTJesse took him for $1300 for the same scope! He actually sent him a $100 dollar simmons. If anyone has had an experience with this guy or knows who he is please contact me. If any one knows what recourse I can take please let me know. Under no circumstance should anyone send a MO to Jesse Marx PO Box 1, Del Valle, TX 78617 or 246 Whirlaway dr. Del Valle, TX 78617
Old 12-24-2011, 07:15 PM
Gold Member

Re: Please Read: anyone know Jesse Marx?

Holy chit. Print off your correspondences and call the authorities ASAP. Fraud is a felony.. Do you know if this person actually exists? Fake name maybe? Contact your Police and Texas Police. If someone on here lives close to his address they should help a fellow hunter out on this...
Old 12-24-2011, 07:23 PM
Platinum Member

this is fraud and is a felony and is based on dollar amounts for financial gain, I believe. If caught this scumbag could get an F2 maybe F3. Since it is not the first offense, and depending on the prosecutor, it could mean automatic jail time.

I suggest you email Mr. Backus about this as it took place on his website.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:50 PM
Silver Member

Just looked back through the posts from Aug. 11th and found a post from Svtjesse where he tried to sell a scope to a few people here on LRH then posted the same ad on 24hr campfire and was caught red handed by LRH member 300mag-hunter and then back pedeled out of it. be careful of this guy. he is apparently lurking around under different names. I probably will never see my money again but I will definatly be looking for this guy for a while.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:44 PM
Silver Member

if you used the postal service to send the money, this is a fed offense, it is "mail fraud". Go and talk to the postmaster at your post office and file a complaint and give him the address that you have for this person. I had this happen to me in the 90s and they caught him and he went to jail, paying me back, slowly but it is something.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:59 PM
Platinum Member

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I have sold dozens of items on here and bought a few. I have never had a problem on this site and everyone was good to deal with. Thanks for alerting us to this guy.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:05 AM
Silver Member

Thats the thing. I've never had a problem on LRH. I hope this turns out okay for me but I have serious doubts. $1600 is alot of money to me and it would really suck if this guy screws me. I have recieved alot of help from fellow members to try and track him down.