Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Please keep my son in your prayers ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 07:52 PM
Silver Member

Re: Please keep my son in your prayers ...

Prayers said!! God bless You an Yours!!!

DT
Old 04-02-2014, 06:48 AM
Silver Member

God Speed, from the once Great State of Michigan. May the Good Lord bless our Soldiers to shoot straighter, and quicker than those of the False Prophet, Muhammed.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:45 AM
Silver Member

Thank you for your son's service and your support. My wife and i regularly pray for all the troops in harm's way. God bless.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:10 AM
Platinum Member

My son just logged his 1st week of sorties successfully and we got a first goodies request from home.

Apparently, jerky is a hot commodity where he is at so the wife is mailing a package today.

Thanks again!

Ed

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:51 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEENIX View Post
My son just logged his 1st week of sorties successfully and we got a first goodies request from home.

Apparently, jerky is a hot commodity where he is at so the wife is mailing a package today.

Thanks again!

Ed
I would recommend sending him a couple new pairs of white tube socks with every care package, and a couple tee shirts. At first he won't understand why, but after four months he'll be glad he got them. We always send a small hand full of cigars (half dozen) wrapped up in the socks. If they don't smoke them, they'll pass them around and the end user will be more than happy.

My son inlaw and grandson asked me what I should forward to in the combat zone. I told them to buy a couple pairs of hemostats, and gun cleaning stuff as the REMF's would bogart that stuff. I gave both of them a Leatherman multi tool (the small one that has the hex drive adapters). Wrap all this stuff up in a sock.
gary

P.S. my Mom sent me four packages of Slim Jims. I gave away three of them and ate the fourth one in 125 degree heat. I was sick for about a week! Now I can't stand to even look at them on a store counter<g?!
Old 04-04-2014, 09:00 PM

Prayers sent.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickymissfit View Post
I would recommend sending him a couple new pairs of white tube socks with every care package, and a couple tee shirts. At first he won't understand why, but after four months he'll be glad he got them. We always send a small hand full of cigars (half dozen) wrapped up in the socks. If they don't smoke them, they'll pass them around and the end user will be more than happy.
Gary,

Sadly, I know nothing about cigars. Luckily, he got that covered as his unit and GF will be sending them. His hookah contraption is also being mailed. Apparently, it's a new tradition or something like that.

All,

Thanks again.

Ed

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.