Hey guys, here some pics. The single picture is my 6x284, with .272 tight neck. The picture, with two rifles, feature both my 6x284 and 220 Swift. The Swift has the Sleeved Remington action and the 6x284 has the Nesika K and on the A-5 stock.
Here are the specs for the 6x284, with .272 Tight Neck;
1. Nesika Model K, 1.450 diameter, Tactical Handle and Knob
2. Krieger 30", 1-12 twist, 1.250 tapered to 1.00 at muzzle
3. McMillan A-5 with all the bells and whistles
4. Vais Muzzle Brake
5. Jewel 2oz Trigger
6. Davidson Base with 20MOA
7. Kelby 30mm rings
8. Nightforce 12x42x56mm NXS
9. Rifle weighs right at 19 pounds
This rifle is shooting the 87grn V-max, with a .400 BC, at 3750 fps, and it's grouping in the low, to high, .1's with this bullet and velocity. This rifle is going to be destructive on P'Dogs, Squirrels, and Coyotes. You gotta love the 6x284. Here is the following load info I am using;
1. Lupa Brass
2. 53grns of H4350
3. Hornady 87grn V-Max
4. Federal 210 Match Primer
5. The brass has had the primer pockets uniformed, flash holes cleaned, trimmed, neck turned, ect.
Here are the specs for the 220 Swift
1. Remington SS S/A M700 Action, Sleeved with Speedy Sleeve
2. Lilja 28", 1-14 twist, 1.250 tapered to .930 at the muzzle
3. McMillan A-4 with all the bells and whistles
4. Jewel 2oz trigger
5. Holland Muzzle brake
6. Speedy base
7. Kelby 30mm Rings
8. Nightforce 5.5x22x56.mm NXS
9. Rifle weighs right at 17 pounds
My 220 Swift shoots the 40grn V-Max at 4200fps and it groups in the .2's all day long. Here is the following load info I am using;
1. Norma Brass
2. 43grns H414
3. 40grn V-Max
4. Federal 205 Match Primers
5. The brass has had the primer pockets uniformed, flash holes cleaned, necks turned, trimmed, ect.
The rifles were built by Leroy Johnson of Johnson's Precision Gunsmithing, out of Bakersfield, California. Leroy does incrediable work, is a great individual and close friend. He can build anything, and he is great to work with. From now on, either Leroy Johnson or Kirby Allen will build my custom rifles.
Both rifles will be used during my May 2007 squirrel hunt in Northern California and My P'Dog hunt in Eastern Wyoming. The Swift will be used for shots at 100 to 400 yards and the 6x284 will be used for shots at 400 to 1000 yards. I will also bring my 223 for the 100 to 200 yard shots, and I am bringing the 338 Allen Mag for shots at 1000 to 2000 yards. I can't wait to shoot the 338 AM, that's going to be an awesome caliber to have and shoot. The squirrels we are shooting at, on this trip, are quite small. So, I am not really sure if were going to be able to get out to 1500 or 2000 yards. I think I will have a better chance at making the 1500 and 2000 yards varmint club when I visit Eastern Wyoming, at the end of May 2007. I usually bring at least three rifles on my Squirrel and P'Dog hunts. This allows me to save barrel life, especially with the 6x284 and 220 Swift.
I hope you guys like the pictures, I've been talking about my rifle for years and have never been able to show you the pics. Well, I finally sat down tonight and figured it out. I have to thank my Beautiful wife for helping me out.
If you guys have any questions about the rifle, please, feel free to ask.