Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Pics and Results of Shoot @ Alex, OK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2005, 11:57 AM
SPONSOR

Pics and Results of Shoot @ Alex, OK

Here are some pics of the shoot that was held in Alex, OK on May, 22. Most of these were taken by GATOR with a few being taken by me. I think everyone had a great time. There were about 10 shooters in both factory and open classes They will be hosting another shoot sometime in early October. Hopefully there will have a little better turnout this fall. There were only about 10 shooters per day. Enough rambling here's the pics.

Here is a pick of the bench setup. Very nice. Solid concrete.

A picture of GATOR's monstor binocs and me with a stupid look on my face. You could see the pressure waves extremely well with these things.

A couple of random pics of the nice folks.

Here are a few down range pics.

A picture of lerch bragging to me after he had just shot the egg @ 500 yds to win the egg shoot.

Here is a pic of the overall winners. That's me on the right and Don Johnson (not of Miami Vice) on the left. After two days of shooting, 56 rounds and 48 targets we were tied. We had to go to a shoot off. Don was about 1/2" below the 2" bullseye @ 400 yds and I was about 3" right of it. I nailed the elevation but the damn wind got me.

Lerch and I both came away feeling pretty good as this was our first venture into competitive shooting. I managed to win the factory class and come in third in the open with my bone stock Savage and Lerch managed to walk a winner on the egg shoot with a stock Savage as well. Can't wait to try it again this fall. I think I could get addicted to this. If any of you guys are close you ought to come out this fall.
Have a good day,
B.J.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:11 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Pics and Results of Shoot @ Alex, OK

Bill, where is Alex? And is that an ONG truck?
Old 05-26-2005, 12:13 PM
Platinum Member

Bill Bailey:

Great pictures. Looks like everybody had a good time.

That looks like pretty nice shooting facilities and the downrange and background shots show some great looking country.

Congrats to you and Lerch, and itís too bad the wind got you on the tie breaker. That just gives you a good reason to go back next year.

Those Savages sure do shoot right out of the box donít they? Youíll probably get hooked and be ordering a new custom rig pretty soon now.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:22 PM
SPONSOR

Alex is about 20 miles SE of Chickasha. ONG=Oklahoma Natural Gas. Company truck.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:25 PM
SPONSOR

They shoot really well!!!

I've already got a .270 Allen Mag on order with Mr. Allen. Don't think I want shoot 14 rds through it in 10 minutes though!!! Would probably be able to fry bacon on the BBL!!
Old 05-26-2005, 01:43 PM
Bronze Member

I have nearly 25 years with them! I drive the same.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:38 PM
SPONSOR

[ QUOTE ]
I have nearly 25 years with them! I drive the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry!!! I thought you said "What is an ONG truck"!!!