Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Philly was not nice to me...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2006, 10:55 PM
Platinum Member

Philly was not nice to me...

Was in N. Pennsylvania this week, doing another shooting seminar, stayed in a nice hotel below the highest damn bridge I ever saw. People told me they had to put fence along the sides, too many people jumping off. Range was called Factoryville Sportsman's Club - nice place and we had perfect weather. Supposed to come home from Wilkes-Barre airport to Philly then Toronto and back to Sask. Got to Wilkes-Barre about 4 hours early, plane came in an hour+ late. Flew to Philly, missed my connection to Toronto, two-three hour wait for another. Got on the plane, taxied out for take-off - pilot said flight plan was no good, had to wait for a better one. Turned the engines off to save fuel. Hour later he said they could not give him one, we went back to the gates. Switched to another carrier, good for a connection to get home via Minneapolis - figured I would be better heading more west. Got on the plane, taxi out, get stopped, sat for about 1.5 hours with engines off, but finally got going and flew to Minneapolis. Missed the Sask flight by an hour or two, I was the last friggin person out of that huge terminal but got setup to fly home next am. Got a nice room and slept like a log. Today I went to the airport three hours early, good thing because the computers had me red-flagged because of all the changes the previous day - very thorough scrutiny at security, then off to the gate. Laughed about the previous day with lady on the desk, then all of a sudden there is a big huddle, the pilot type guys are off the plane, damn thing needs work. Starting to think I am a friggin hex or something. Easily fixed, got on and flew home - plan on hanging around for a while and doing some serious catching-up with a few rifles that have been very neglected recently.
End of rambling, now you can go back to long range shooting instead of reading drivel from my trips [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2006, 12:11 AM
Silver Member

Re: Philly was not nice to me...

The next time I have to fly I will call you to make sure that we aren't on the same flight! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2006, 12:54 AM
SPONSOR

Sounds like you went through hell and back

Not too long back my dad flew Southwest lines to Key west. On the way back from Florida it took him 5 flights before he got back to Oklahoma. Ignorant doesnt describe it.

PS. I like the new article on how to drop a bear. Some day I am gonna hunt them big brown suckers and I guarantee you i will be reviewing your article before I go, cut it out and stuck it in my desk. Sounds like that blackie barreling down the trail wanted to get to know ya!!! I guess a greeting by a 1oz slug at 10 paces is hello enough!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

take it easy
steve
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Old 06-03-2006, 06:42 AM
Platinum Member

Ian

Good to hear you're still around and being productive (albeit tardy). [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I didn't have nearly so much trouble on the flights to and from Alberta other than a international mixup on ammo location.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:35 AM
Silver Member

I grew up near Philly and have flown out of there many times. Funny, I guess I've just become numb to the hassles, at least since you mentioned it just now