Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

The thread is closed

People posting public land as "private no trespassing" ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 08:25 AM
Platinum Member

Re: People posting public land as "private no trespassing" ?

I hunt around one of the biggest ranches in the US and they paint every inch they can, there is one county road to and area the size of some states that is public and they have more no trespassing and orange signs on that road just to scare people, and it works as I try to do my best it is hard not to doubt yourself. It's kinda funny when these guys try to use the "Get or I'll call the warden" and I ask them if they need the phone number cause I have it on my cell, funny but I have never had to call.
Ranchers and outfitter should have to tow the line just like the rest of us.
I'm really getting serious about getting horses and packing into some of these land locked areas, I've walked into some of them a found some amazing hunting to be had if I could get game out without ruining it.
I grew up on ranches and the older generation would be rolling over in there grave, this new generation are money grubbers who aren't happy with there 20,000 acres so they have to through there weight around, and the out of state owners are a total disaster for public hunting and access to public ground.
Wow, I need to calm down.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:39 AM
Platinum Member

I've learned a thing or two from the conservationists.......

I'm going in cahoots with a local stockman. Together we are bidding and winning leases on BIA lands, public but under control of BIA.

There is some good hunting out there that has been kept away from the public for no good justification.

Idaho has an "access yes" program that is very helpful. It is funded by the super hunts, etc.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:03 AM
PUBLISHER

Guys, hope you don't mind but I am going to close this thread so we can all go over to the newer one.

How to tell if you're on/(still on) the public hunting land?

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
The thread is closed