Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

PBS Poll on Protecting Wolves - Cast Your Vote

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-09-2010, 04:32 PM
Platinum Member

Re: PBS Poll on Protecting Wolves - Cast Your Vote

Amazing how the anti's have no problem counting when they push to put a species on the endangered species list or the folks that determine quotas. Frustrating.

Unread 03-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas1 View Post
Amazing how the anti's have no problem counting when they push to put a species on the endangered species list or the folks that determine quotas. Frustrating.

That's just it, they don't have to count. That is how they got rid of the black bear season in CA. They come in and demand that a state tell how many bears they have. If the state can not give a factually based answer, they simply say that with out any proof of the number then they cannot say that they have a large enough number to sustain a season. Good bye bear hunting. Or what ever season. Predators are by far the hardest to count. They tried to stop the bear season in MT the same way several years back, and fortunately MT FWP had been keeping tabs on the black bears for several years, knowing that this may happen, that we were able to keep our bear season.

Steve

To hunt... or not to hunt...? What a stupid question.
Unread 03-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Platinum Member

Ya I kinda was thinking that towards the middle of what I was writing but, the venting felt so good I finished writing it anyway. Damn they piss me off.
Unread 03-09-2010, 10:23 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Quote:
Ya I kinda was thinking that towards the middle of what I was writing but, the venting felt so good I finished writing it anyway. Damn they piss me off.
Kinda like trying to argue with a teenager.

Steve

To hunt... or not to hunt...? What a stupid question.
Unread 03-10-2010, 01:51 PM
Silver Member

[QUOTE=Chas1;370990]Amazing how the anti's have no problem counting when they push to put a species on the endangered species list....

Someone needs to explain to me how a non-native species can be put on the endangered species list?! The wolf that was exterminated from the Idaho, Montana and Wyoming area was a subspecies called canis lupus irremotus. The new introduced wolf is called canis lupus occidentalis, (Mackenzie Valley Wolf) or better known as the Canadian Grey Wolf. These wolves are 30% larger then our original wolves, run in much larger packs than the originals and have no problem with very cold weather. They are super predators that technically were introduced illegally and now we are stuck with them, thanks to USFW and those "LIB LICKERS." I agree with you Chas1, damn they piss me off. Shoot, shovel and shutup.
Unread 10-13-2011, 03:58 PM

[QUOTE=1/2 slam;371284]
Quote:
Shoot, shovel and shutup.
Words to live by.