close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Reply

PBS Poll on Protecting Wolves - Cast Your Vote

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #15  
Unread 03-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,546
Re: PBS Poll on Protecting Wolves - Cast Your Vote

sdkidaho, The other 32% are lint lickers??? I think it's LIB Lickers.
Reply With Quote
  •   #16  
    Unread 03-07-2010, 03:14 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Dec 2009
    Location: LaPine Or.
    Posts: 2,536
    Re: PBS Poll on Protecting Wolves - Cast Your Vote

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chas1 View Post
    sdkidaho, The other 32% are lint lickers??? I think it's LIB Lickers.
    NICE =1 Chas1!
    __________________
    "Its not Rocket Surgery.....'
    GOD,GUNS,&GUTTS MADE AMERICA, LETS KEEP ALL 3!winmag

    "I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
    Reply With Quote

      #17  
    Unread 03-09-2010, 01:13 PM
    Official LRH Sponsor
     
    Join Date: Mar 2007
    Location: Montana
    Posts: 2,670
    Re: PBS Poll on Protecting Wolves - Cast Your Vote

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by roaddog1m View Post
    Um....Actually Steve, I'm North America's top predator!

    Being a dog lover, I recognize the Wolves are awesome killing machines (which I can respect) but like any other killing machine, they have to be managed a little better.
    I also shoot my fare share of yotes and I pick off a wolf if I had the chance (and it was legal of course)
    I'm actually more sick of deer! Do you know how many damn car vs. deer accidents I do every year!?! Bring a few wolves to SD!
    Trust me you don't want them. The byproduct of less car deer encounters is probably the only good thing I can see about having them. We have very few dead deer on the highway now, but we also lost all of our B tags this year. Hunting as we have always known it in Western MT is over. I could be wrong, but I'll bet $'s to doughnuts that our seasons and quotas will continually decline from this point on. They are now pushing to plant these things in Eastern MT in the Missouri Breaks country. Pray that it doesn't happen.

    In other words, press your Fish and Game to increase tags, not wolves. I took my son out last fall during the Thanks Giving break for five days solid hunting, to get him a deer. I was unable to find one for him. This was in areas that I have hunted for the last 15 plus years and always had opportunities, especially during the rut. We did find wolf tracks though. The only thing that will slow down the wolves will be starvation.

    Steve
    __________________
    Hammer Bullets
    Advanced Technology
    Simply Better


    To hunt... or not to hunt...? What a stupid question.
    Reply With Quote
      #18  
    Unread 03-09-2010, 01:41 PM
    Silver Member
     
    Join Date: Nov 2009
    Location: Timber Lake, South Dakota
    Posts: 306
    Re: PBS Poll on Protecting Wolves - Cast Your Vote

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RockyMtnMT View Post
    Trust me you don't want them. The byproduct of less car deer encounters is probably the only good thing I can see about having them. We have very few dead deer on the highway now, but we also lost all of our B tags this year. Hunting as we have always known it in Western MT is over. I could be wrong, but I'll bet $'s to doughnuts that our seasons and quotas will continually decline from this point on. They are now pushing to plant these things in Eastern MT in the Missouri Breaks country. Pray that it doesn't happen.

    In other words, press your Fish and Game to increase tags, not wolves. I took my son out last fall during the Thanks Giving break for five days solid hunting, to get him a deer. I was unable to find one for him. This was in areas that I have hunted for the last 15 plus years and always had opportunities, especially during the rut. We did find wolf tracks though. The only thing that will slow down the wolves will be starvation.

    Steve

    Steve, actually I was just joking, don't want them here either! I would however like to come hunt a wolf. No chance of that I suppose??? Once someones little kid gets carried off maybe people will wake up. Remember Mt. Lions in CA? Jogger sandwiches!
    __________________
    Indian Country Lawman
    Reply With Quote
      #19  
    Unread 03-09-2010, 01:49 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: May 2008
    Location: South of Canada and North of Wyoming
    Posts: 6,068
    Re: PBS Poll on Protecting Wolves - Cast Your Vote

    Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by roaddog1m View Post
    Steve, actually I was just joking, don't want them here either! I would however like to come hunt a wolf. No chance of that I suppose??? Once someones little kid gets carried off maybe people will wake up. Remember Mt. Lions in CA? Jogger sandwiches!
    Yup, you can come hunt our wolves, but it will unfortunately cost you being out of state. They are charging us $20 a piece for tags to shoot these oversized varmints and then ending the season before the small quota is reached.

    The only thing that will stop this madness is a huge amount of political pressure on our state and US politicians to stand up to the Feds.

    The "No's" now outnumber the "Yes's" 71 to 29.
    Reply With Quote
      #20  
    Unread 03-09-2010, 02:00 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Feb 2009
    Posts: 3,546
    Re: PBS Poll on Protecting Wolves - Cast Your Vote

    Any numbers or studies that anyone's aware of that speaks to what % of deer population is being erradicated annully by wolves?
    Reply With Quote
      #21  
    Unread 03-09-2010, 02:37 PM
    Official LRH Sponsor
     
    Join Date: Mar 2007
    Location: Montana
    Posts: 2,670
    Re: PBS Poll on Protecting Wolves - Cast Your Vote

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chas1 View Post
    Any numbers or studies that anyone's aware of that speaks to what % of deer population is being erradicated annully by wolves?
    I don't think there is any way to accurately count. That is how the anti's/tree huggers win in court. If it can not be proven with specific #'s the judge sides with the animal. All we can say is what we are seeing. Game populations are declining and the only new player in town is the wolf. They already determined that the wolf has a right to be here. So that means that if game numbers are declining then people are the only ones that can be regulated. We can stop people from harvesting game, we can't stop wolves from killing game. Thus less and less hunting till there is none. No hunting...no need for guns. See my point. It was planned from the start.

    Steve
    __________________
    Hammer Bullets
    Advanced Technology
    Simply Better


    To hunt... or not to hunt...? What a stupid question.
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes


    Similar Threads for: PBS Poll on Protecting Wolves - Cast Your Vote
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    get out there and vote! Trickymissfit Reloading 1 11-02-2010 12:04 PM
    Help Please Vote !!!!!!!!!!! BigDaddy0381 General Discussion 22 02-25-2009 02:03 PM
    USA Today Poll, check it out and vote... MontanaRifleman General Discussion 5 01-29-2009 07:47 PM
    Cast on leg...... General Discussion 1 12-21-2005 09:42 PM
    protecting gun bluing! J Schulze Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics 3 08-10-2003 11:27 PM


    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
    All content ©2010-2015 Long Range Hunting, LLC