Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

PBS Poll on Protecting Wolves - Cast Your Vote

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Platinum Member

Re: PBS Poll on Protecting Wolves - Cast Your Vote

sdkidaho, The other 32% are lint lickers??? I think it's LIB Lickers.

Unread 03-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas1 View Post
sdkidaho, The other 32% are lint lickers??? I think it's LIB Lickers.
NICE =1 Chas1!

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Unread 03-09-2010, 01:13 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaddog1m View Post
Um....Actually Steve, I'm North America's top predator!

Being a dog lover, I recognize the Wolves are awesome killing machines (which I can respect) but like any other killing machine, they have to be managed a little better.
I also shoot my fare share of yotes and I pick off a wolf if I had the chance (and it was legal of course)
I'm actually more sick of deer! Do you know how many damn car vs. deer accidents I do every year!?! Bring a few wolves to SD!
Trust me you don't want them. The byproduct of less car deer encounters is probably the only good thing I can see about having them. We have very few dead deer on the highway now, but we also lost all of our B tags this year. Hunting as we have always known it in Western MT is over. I could be wrong, but I'll bet $'s to doughnuts that our seasons and quotas will continually decline from this point on. They are now pushing to plant these things in Eastern MT in the Missouri Breaks country. Pray that it doesn't happen.

In other words, press your Fish and Game to increase tags, not wolves. I took my son out last fall during the Thanks Giving break for five days solid hunting, to get him a deer. I was unable to find one for him. This was in areas that I have hunted for the last 15 plus years and always had opportunities, especially during the rut. We did find wolf tracks though. The only thing that will slow down the wolves will be starvation.

Steve

To hunt... or not to hunt...? What a stupid question.
Unread 03-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnMT View Post
Trust me you don't want them. The byproduct of less car deer encounters is probably the only good thing I can see about having them. We have very few dead deer on the highway now, but we also lost all of our B tags this year. Hunting as we have always known it in Western MT is over. I could be wrong, but I'll bet $'s to doughnuts that our seasons and quotas will continually decline from this point on. They are now pushing to plant these things in Eastern MT in the Missouri Breaks country. Pray that it doesn't happen.

In other words, press your Fish and Game to increase tags, not wolves. I took my son out last fall during the Thanks Giving break for five days solid hunting, to get him a deer. I was unable to find one for him. This was in areas that I have hunted for the last 15 plus years and always had opportunities, especially during the rut. We did find wolf tracks though. The only thing that will slow down the wolves will be starvation.

Steve

Steve, actually I was just joking, don't want them here either! I would however like to come hunt a wolf. No chance of that I suppose??? Once someones little kid gets carried off maybe people will wake up. Remember Mt. Lions in CA? Jogger sandwiches!
Unread 03-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by roaddog1m View Post
Steve, actually I was just joking, don't want them here either! I would however like to come hunt a wolf. No chance of that I suppose??? Once someones little kid gets carried off maybe people will wake up. Remember Mt. Lions in CA? Jogger sandwiches!
Yup, you can come hunt our wolves, but it will unfortunately cost you being out of state. They are charging us $20 a piece for tags to shoot these oversized varmints and then ending the season before the small quota is reached.

The only thing that will stop this madness is a huge amount of political pressure on our state and US politicians to stand up to the Feds.

The "No's" now outnumber the "Yes's" 71 to 29.
Unread 03-09-2010, 02:00 PM
Platinum Member

Any numbers or studies that anyone's aware of that speaks to what % of deer population is being erradicated annully by wolves?
Unread 03-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas1 View Post
Any numbers or studies that anyone's aware of that speaks to what % of deer population is being erradicated annully by wolves?
I don't think there is any way to accurately count. That is how the anti's/tree huggers win in court. If it can not be proven with specific #'s the judge sides with the animal. All we can say is what we are seeing. Game populations are declining and the only new player in town is the wolf. They already determined that the wolf has a right to be here. So that means that if game numbers are declining then people are the only ones that can be regulated. We can stop people from harvesting game, we can't stop wolves from killing game. Thus less and less hunting till there is none. No hunting...no need for guns. See my point. It was planned from the start.

Steve

To hunt... or not to hunt...? What a stupid question.