Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Pamela Anderson: Grand Marshall for Nextel Cup Race

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2005, 12:39 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Pamela Anderson: Grand Marshall for Nextel Cup Race

Hey GG this post is not directed only at you but I am going to quote what you said and respond to it because two of your sentences reflect a fine point in the logic that seems to be the root of all the dissagreement in this post.

[ QUOTE ]
I was merely stating that I do not, I repeat, do not want to be stereotyped a Nascar fan just because I love guns and hunting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Liking guns does not make one a NASCAR fan. NASCAR fans are not all shooters and hunters. And no one said it did. The first sentence in this whole topic simply reflected the belief that Birdhunter88 thinks there are many NASCAR fans that also like hunting and the outdoors.

[ QUOTE ]
Guns have no more to do with Nascar than they do with golf, bowling, or knitting.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there is any arguement with this statement it can only be on what percentage of NASCAR fans we think also enjoy hunting. I would tend to think that the demographic group at the racetrack has a high percentage of hunters in it. Others in this discussion may have a different opinion. None of us know for sure. The original poster also seems to think that there are many hunters in the stands (or watching at home) that wouldn't want Mrs. Anderson to benefit from them paying to see the races.

I think most of the replies came from a misunderstanding of this opinion. If you think that most of the the race fans agree with or are unaffected by Mrs. Anderson being the spokesmodel for the race then this topic ain't for you. If you agree with the original poster that most of the fans would be at odds with Mrs. Anderson profiting from those she opposes then this might be your topic. Anyone that is taking this post to be an insult may have missed the point.

I hope I didn't step in it. I just see the current discussion going absolutely nowhere and leaving a cloud of dissagreement in its wake.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:06 AM
Platinum Member

PA has influence whether we like it or not, and her perception of reality "is" magnified to the public by this or the like(as is any other Hollywood idol), and NASCAR proping her up makes a fool of them, in our eyes, if you follow/support NASCAR, it does you too. That's just the way it is, like it or not.

I like NASCAR in recent years but never really was a fan of the "circle" thing before but, part of me is a horsepower freak at heart and I got sucked in because it truely is a edge of the seat, white knuckle, wild ride, while still retaining most of its roots from the early days, all with driver error, or perfection, much like precision shooting.

Point is PA sucks (did I say that), and so does NASCAR for proping her up to prop them up. We know what NASCAR doesn't care about, or does care about as a result.

Like was said, Ted Nuggent all the way!

Just my .02 cents late in the evening.
Old 05-21-2005, 05:34 AM

I am glad to see that we got some people to open their eyes and see it the way I do. In no way was this intended to group all hunters into NASCAR fans. Its merely just an attempt to "REMOVE" a PETA spokesperson from a Televisioned National Event which by the way is watched and enjoyed by many Outdoorspeople. I still consider it an insult to look at the skanky tramp and she does not turn me on one bit what so ever. Please call Lowes Motor Speedway, FX, FOX.... email them... voice your displeasure with their choice of Grand Marshal. Obvisouly this is an attempt to get her some exposure for her new upcoming show on FOX.... (which I will not be watching).... I just want to try and make a differance for all outdoorspeople, but I can't do it alone... It will take all of us to accomplish this. Send a message to PETA.... Get The ?$%^&#@ Out of Here !!!

bird