Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Pamela Anderson: Grand Marshall for Nextel Cup Race

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2005, 11:10 AM
Silver Member

Re: Pamela Anderson: Grand Marshall for Nextel Cup Race

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, even a blind man could see the connection to Red States, hunting, camo, red neck NASCAR stock car racing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Help the blind to see then, because I think that is a rediculous statement. Are you saying that all red necks like Nascar, or all Nascar fans are red necks? I am from a red state, does that mean I have some connection to Nascar? What do politics have to do with Nascar anyway?

I think I read somewhere that sportsmen lost a significant amount of hunting area and access when Nascar built a new track on the east coast.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:30 AM
Platinum Member

Birdhunter

All of the Roush Fords are in the race. You are asking a lot for a boycott. No matter, duty calls anyway and I am going to be up on the Yough with my son all weekend camping out and rafting so I will boycott for you.

Built up my 5.0 with GT40 parts but Roush makes some good parts and their tuner mustang is sharp. Have to run Cats on my car so can't get very much noise out of it. When I go down to the dragstrip is just doesn't sound right. No mind, my son's 454 will be street legal with longtube headers and sidepipes and will make some noise when and if we ever get it done.

You ever watch the old Robert Mitchum movie "Thunder Road"? As a boy I was restricted by my Dad on which farms I could hunt on because those farms that had stills on them were dangerous to be shooting squirrels on because they would mistake you for the revenoors and shoot back.

What kind of birds do you hunt? Phesants? I sorely miss bird hunting? I have a little 20ga SKB 600 O/U that has accounted for its share of quail and a few phesants.

I think this whole mess with Pamela Anderson is Ian M's fault for ever letting her out of Canada.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:53 AM
Gold Member

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, even a blind man could see the connection to Red States, hunting, camo, red neck NASCAR stock car racing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I must be blind then. I just can't see why these sports are linked. If someone saw me in my camo and asked which car or driver I liked, I would be insulted. I am not a redneck, or a redneck hunter. I am a precision oriented, factual based, ballistically scientific shooter and hunter and that in no way shape or form orients me with left hand circle turning.

[/ QUOTE ] Goodgrouper you make yet another great point! I live in what I believe to be nascar country yet I could care less who wins most of the time. I am not quite as scientific as yourself and have some HI TECH REDNECK pumping through my veins but still I can't see the connection. When people ask me who I want to win I always ask them what difference it makes? I will never see any of the money they make. I'm not anti nascar, to each his own and do whatever makes you happy.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:35 PM
Silver Member

You're the one with the rediculous statement, pal. You must be the type that wouldn't raise a peep if the antis took away shotguns and handguns, as long as they left your precious precision gear alone.

Giving that woman a National audience for her PETA views is the topic, not expounding on your indifference to NASCAR racing.

A thousand cuts, my friend, and you seem quite willing to help ....because it's no sweat off your nose. Wake up! A blind man can see the problem; no need to pick a fight with others (here) of the same persuasion. I made no direct insult to you, if you see yourself as blind or braindead, I could care less. More the pity. Dittos the other guy. LB
Old 05-20-2005, 05:44 PM
Silver Member

Ha! Just because I don't want to be called a redneck Nascar fan because I like hunting, I'm on the wrong side? Pam Anderson is also in Playboy, are you boycotting that too? I'm on your side, I HEREBY BOYCOTT ALL NASCAR EVENTS FROM NOW ON, OR UNTIL SPOKESMODELS CUT ALL TIES WITH ECO-TERRORISM! Now my motorhome will sit unused all summer [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2005, 06:32 PM
Silver Member

I apologize, I don't mean to piss you off. Actually, I am also indifferent to NASCAR, never interested me. But, a lot of guys do, and we know where they are, and MANY of them hunt and are sportsmen. I believe in sticking together on the issue. The issue is, that woman is our enemy. She wants your hunting privilages, your guns and your RV. The fact that she has a nice rack is immaterial. She also has the morals of an alley cat.

Good hunting. LB
Old 05-20-2005, 11:31 PM
Platinum Member

I don't agree with Pam's way of thinking either. I believe anyone that stands for anything that is related to PETA deserves to be boycotted entirely. I was merely stating that I do not, I repeat, do not want to be stereotyped a Nascar fan just because I love guns and hunting. Guns have no more to do with Nascar than they do with golf, bowling, or knitting. On the flip side of my coin, there are probably many Nascar fans who are as turned off about hunting as I am about Nascar! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.