Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Pamela Anderson: Grand Marshall for Nextel Cup Race

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2005, 06:50 PM

Pamela Anderson: Grand Marshall for Nextel Cup Race

I am calling for all NASCAR Fans and Outdoors People to boycott watching the Saturday night race on FOX. Pamela Anderson is a outspoken member of PETA and for Nextel to make her a Grand Marshall for such an event is a Slap in the face for NASCAR Fans and Outdoorspeople in General. Spread the word.... email Nextel and FOX......... Voice you opposition to PAM and get her "BOOTED" from the Race.

bird

Anderson, Hamilton headline All-Star event
From Press Release
May 18, 2005
01:44 PM EDT (17:44 GMT)

Nextel Communications Inc. announced Wednesday that Hollywood actress Pamela Anderson will serve as the Grand Marshal of the 21st NASCAR NEXTEL All-Star Challenge at Lowe's Motor Speedway on Saturday, May 21 (7:00 p.m., EDT on FX). R&B Vocalist Anthony Hamilton will sing the National Anthem prior to the start of the marquee sports event, which awards $1 million to the race winner.

Pamela Anderson Credit: Courtesy of FOX

Currently producer and star of the FOX comedy series "Stacked", which was recently renewed for its second season, Anderson was born in Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada, and began her Hollywood career in 1991 when she was hired to play "Lisa" on Home Improvement. The following year Anderson received her most famous role, playing "C.J. Parker" on Baywatch. In 1998, she worked as the executive producer and star of V.I.P. A film actress as well, Anderson has starred in movies including The Taking of Beverly Hills, The Evolution of Mr. E., and Barb Wire.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:09 AM
Silver Member

Re: Pamela Anderson: Grand Marshall for Nextel Cup Race

I don't see the correlation between Nascar and the outdoors. Nascar is the antithisis of everything I value in the outdoors. It's loud, crowded, expensive, polluting, and it's a spectator activity. I enjoy hunting and the outdoors because they are not like Nascar.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:59 AM

Thats your opinion, but still there are many Outdoorspeople who are NASCAR fans. And to have Pam baby be a Grand Marshall is an insult to those of us who are fans of the sport.

bird
Old 05-19-2005, 08:45 AM
Platinum Member

Troutslayer,
I couldn't agree more. The left hand turn spectator sport is second only to ice skating in mind numbing!

However, for some reasons lost to me, it seems to have some correlation to outdoorsmen across the country-particularly back east. Maybe it's the Remington sponsored car, anyway, if Pam is running the show and she IS a PETA supporter, then that makes the organizers of the event as fake as Pam's chest! Maybe it should be boycotted.
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:12 PM
Silver Member

Regardless that somebody can, or cannot see the connection, because of her close association with PETA, Anderson is a crummy choice, for any high profile event. Why afford her, or PETA a National stage to promote their extremist views?

By the way, even a blind man could see the connection to Red States, hunting, camo, red neck NASCAR stock car racing.

Draft Nugent!

Good hunting. LB
Old 05-20-2005, 12:09 AM
Platinum Member

Yep, Letting a P.E.T.A. supporter host a NASCAR race is like letting a member of E.L.F. entertain the customers of a honky tonk bar. PETA has nothing to do with racing but it does have alot to do with the hunting a high precentage of the spectators do legaly and ethicaly when they are not watching the races. Likewise the Environmental Libreation Front has nothing to do with drinking beer but they have alot to do with the pickups and SUVs in the bars parking lot.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:37 AM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, even a blind man could see the connection to Red States, hunting, camo, red neck NASCAR stock car racing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must be blind then. I just can't see why these sports are linked. If someone saw me in my camo and asked which car or driver I liked, I would be insulted. I am not a redneck, or a redneck hunter. I am a precision oriented, factual based, ballistically scientific shooter and hunter and that in no way shape or form orients me with left hand circle turning. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.