Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Palins speach

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Bronze Member

Palins speach

For being her first big speach she did a great job I think she cover everything and said all that needed to be said.we can now only hope all will stop and think about what was said.its pretty clear where her and macain stand!!! they will keep america #1
Old 09-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Palins speach

WOW! I just caught part of it on the left leaning news up here....man did she kick the crap outta obama!! I think the libs have their work cut out for them....I would pay/love to see a one on one, Palin vs obama debate!

archdlx
Old 09-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Platinum Member

I like her more all the time.;)
Old 09-04-2008, 07:21 AM
Platinum Member

I am never very fond of any politition or believe much of what they say. But I have to admit, I think she might just be one that is ambitious enough to dig in and do what she says. I was more than impressed with her speach and I am very excited to give her and McCain my vote.

Jeff
Old 09-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Gold Member

She Just told the Truth

Kill more Coyotes

Feed The Buzzards
Old 09-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

What I felt the best about is that as I set there listening to her speech, It was like I was sitting there listening to my wife or mom. Just normal, real world strong women with a good head on their shoulders telling it like it is.

When I hear Hillary speak or Obama or Biden speak, my first impression is that they feel they know best for me and my family because they are the enlightened people and all of us hicks should be happy to be told what is best for us and just keep sending in the money and we will take care of you.

I do not know if it will happen or not but I hope McCain and Palins kick the HELL out of Obama/Biden. Time will tell but I know for a fact that we will be better off with the former in power instead of the later.

As a small business owner, it scares the hell out of me to hear what Obama wants to do to business owners as far as taxes.

Hopefully the media will leave Palins and her family alone. If I hear Diane Sawyer comment one more time about Palins pregnant daughter I may just puke, let it go, their getting married for christ sake. I thought pre marital sex was what the libers wanted!!! Only if its a liberal getting knocked up I guess.

Go McCain/Palins. Once then get into office, then we have to lean on them to get the immigration problem under control, he is not overly strong in that area but we can work on him.

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 09-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Platinum Member

Sarah always preached an open transparent government in Alaska. The only demerit I have against her since she took office is she fired her Commishioner of Public Safety and said that neither she nor any member of her Administration had pressured that Commissioner to fire her ex-brother-in-law. Well then later a recorded tape was released of one of her top aides talking to a State Trooper pressuring the Troopers to fire Sarah's ex-brother-in-law. Her husband then also admitted calling the Commissioner several times arguing for the firing of the brother-in-law. After the gig was up, Sarah had to come back out and publicly change her story. After-the-fact she said members of her administration did pressure for the firing of her ex brother-in-law but that she had no knowledge of those contacts. Then the State Legislature launched a formal investigation into abuse of power. Sarah said she and her staff would cooperate fully and that she welcomed the investigation. Now, to make matters worse, after McCain selected Sarah as his running mate, Sarah has lawyered up and now she and her staff are refusing to volunteer to cooperate with, and talk to, the investigator hired by the Alaska Legislature to investigate whether or not she or her administration committed the abuse of power. She is now claiming that this matter is an ethics issue of which the Legislature has no authority to investigate and that it should be investigated by an ethics board which she, as Governor, appointed. Sounds like she only desires an open, transparent Administration when she's not being personally investigated.

She's lost a lot of credibility over this matter and it's the only real black mark against her to date as Governor of Alaska. It will be interesting to see if she can keep this turd swept under the rug until the November presidential elections.

Nobody's perfect, and other than this incident, she makes for one heck of a good looking Governor!

The one thing that I do have concern over, is should McCain win and then die in office... no way do I believe Sarah (the hockey mom) is ready to be Commander-in-Chief of our armed forces. But I think she'd be a decent Vice President.

Last edited by phorwath; 09-04-2008 at 06:56 PM.