Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Painting Stainless BBL's?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2005, 08:45 AM
Silver Member

Painting Stainless BBL\'s?

Just wanted to know what kind of paint to use on a stainless bbl i never painted any of my guns before. Is any one brand better than another? And once its on if i don't like it how hard is it to remove.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:24 AM

Re: Painting Stainless BBL\'s?

[image]C:\Documents and Settings\Curtis\My Documents\My Pictures\Gun-N-Stuff[/image]

I don't think it worked, but I tried adding a picture of the gun I painted this year. I used the flat camo paint that you can buy at Wal-Mart. It turned out real well, but I don't have a stainless steel barrel. It should work just the same?
Old 01-06-2005, 08:45 AM
Bronze Member

I enjoy huntin,if that means going thru thicket that a dog can't,thats what happens.So my guns get scratches and stuff.Then you carry a stand,more real scratches!So except for my Bar everything is painted flat black,Alumnihyde from Brownells.IT IS THE BOMB!!I just touched up my muzzel loader this year,built it 3 years ago,had a few scratches on it but that was it,it's crome molly.Haven't had any chemical bother it.Rather than that use baking paint or Krylon.I also paint everything except for my scope.If your real serious,tape off the area where your hands go,put a light coat on it(prime),then a medium,while it's wet sprickel black buety on it,let dry,then peal tape off and paint everything.Now you have a gun that looks good and WON'T SLIP!
Old 01-08-2005, 04:03 PM
Bronze Member

Yes also to what tho said about the paint from Brownells. I done my SS barrel with the Brown epoxy and it came out real good.

You can also get several camo colors in the Krylon paint, I have used it also and so far it has done good job, fairly cheap to buy at Walmart.