Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Out of confidence...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 12:58 AM
Gold Member

Re: Out of confidence...

Put away the 338 RUM and get out a smaller cartridge and build your confidence back up then go back to the 338 .
You may have developed a flinch .
Old 04-22-2013, 08:24 AM
Silver Member

Re: Out of confidence...

Thanks everyone. There are a few contributing factors here. First, I have taken many animals, and was very fortunate enough to have acouple record book animals. "Buck Fever" is what I thought it was originally, however, It only happens after a miss not before the shot. So...now that I have missed a couple of times, it happens before the shot too. (Affraid I am going to miss..again) Another contributing factor is that I hardly ever shoot free handed. These shots were freehanded.

My plan of attack is like I always do....blame the gun for a month. Then appologize because its what I do to my favorite gun. Then I will spend some time plinking cans with the kids. Then I'll throw a shine on my family of RUMS and take them to a range for a little time plinking steel. Then head back to Texas in December for some more hog fun!! By that time they better look out!!

By the way...it wasn't a wasted trip. We did end up shooting a 400 lbs boar with our Color Thermal Gen 4 scope and DPMS 308.