Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

The thread is closed

Our fine government at work, ALREADY!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Silver Member

Re: Our fine government at work, ALREADY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
the sky stained red with forest fire smoke(Caused by their Liberal thinking by the way!!!)
I love this logic. So, because the liberals try to prevent every last stick of forest from being decimated by logging they are responsible for the fires? Certainly sound logic- if there are no trees left to burn, there will not be any fires. Where will the elk hide? I guess it doesn't matter when all your hunting is done from the confines of a high fence operation but for those of us who appreciate taking a wild game animal on public land those forests are somewhat important.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutslayer View Post
I love this logic. So, because the liberals try to prevent every last stick of forest from being decimated by logging they are responsible for the fires? Certainly sound logic- if there are no trees left to burn, there will not be any fires. Where will the elk hide? I guess it doesn't matter when all your hunting is done from the confines of a high fence operation but for those of us who appreciate taking a wild game animal on public land those forests are somewhat important.

Spoken out of pure and total ignorance.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Troutslayer,

Were your comments directed toward me?

I am not referring to native Montanans or even those out of staters with common sense thinking like most of us here in Montana. I am talking about the libers that have moved into your area and are doing as much damage as good.

If they would let us go in and thin out the forests with responsible forestry not only would the forests be healthier but there would also be MUCH more feed for the wild game and it would also be DRAMATICALLY easier to fight forest fires.

Also, their liberal thinking says to let fires burn, its natural forest control. Not sure about your area but we have had no less then 6 catostrophic fires withing 50 miles of my house since 1990 and they were allowed to let burn until they got so damn big that they produced their own wind systems and got totally out of control.

They burned so hot that it looks more like the surface of the moon then what used to be world class prime mule deer and elk country. And that was 10 years ago and still no grass will grow worth a darn. They burned so damn hot that granite rock bubbled under the heat and the dirt is more like glass then dirt.

Had they jumped on these fires right away they could have control and stopped them nearly before they started, if they had also allowed responsible timber harvest over the last 50 years, there would have neen MUCH less down fall that only fuels these fires and with that amount of fuel, once they get burning they are totally out of control.

As far as your comments about high fence hunting, I only assume your comments are based only on uneducated opinion. I garantee I hunt as hard as you on public and private land for wild big game. I have killed one animal behind high fence that I could harvest in the wild here in Montana. That was a bull elk.

The reason I booked that hunt is because I had to test a new prototype bullet and a new wildcat cartridge I had designed. I could not wait to POSSIBLY get to test the bullet on wild game on public land. In this industry, you need test results and you need them NOW.

I have not nor never will say high fence hunts are the same as wild hunts. I have killed many exotic big game on high fence hunts during the off season. Why, because I can not shoot those species in the wild and its a great get away for my family during the off season as most of our hunts are booked in very late winter or early spring.

If your comments were not directed toward me specifically, please to not use my quotes as you did. If they were, I would be more then willing to compare trophy walls of wild native game anytime with whatever you have.

I have been attacked over and over for this and it has been explained over and over but there are some(Obviously you) that simply can not live without picking a fight because you think your holier then thou.

The ranch we hunted for elk, we have also hunted many times for exotic game. We know the family, they have three young kids who are great to be around. Feel like part of the family after all the trips we have taken there. I feel great giving this family a good amount of money for a great time. Again, you can not understand this obviously.

Anyway, if you would like to debate this more, feel free as your flat wrong and the more you talk the clearer it will become to the public.

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 04-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

I reread Troutslayers post and its becoming very obvious he got offended by the word "Liberal". Wonder why?

I suspect because he shares many of the same views they do. If he does not, he sure comes off as defending their stand on our western states and how to take care of them.

Perhaps he is upset I made some harsh comments toward Obamas administration..... Wonder why that would be????

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 04-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

MNHunter,

I suppose your right and for the time being, its for damn sure alright to say God Bless America!!!! Even if its offends some out there

I also fear the nut that about to be appointed to speak for you. Only one way to reverse that, out vote them next time......

Allen Precision Shooting

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 04-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Platinum Member

I hear ya but it is hard to get fired up when neither party has my best interest at heart. Hard to get excited about voting for the lesser of two evils. What happened to the pro gun, small govt, fiscal conservatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
MNHunter,

I suppose your right and for the time being, its for damn sure alright to say God Bless America!!!! Even if its offends some out there

I also fear the nut that about to be appointed to speak for you. Only one way to reverse that, out vote them next time......
Old 04-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutslayer View Post
Trout,
1st:
Go have a hunt on the Idaho side of the border this year. Specifically in the Selway, Lochsa, or Clearwater rivers. All of the logging there has been stopped and all of the elk are gone. The trees have choked out the underbrush and the habitat. Liberals don't care; lots of elk, no elk, whatever.

2nd:
The unwashed, fur-bearing Christians that fill Missoula WILL eventually get up enough momentum to prevent you from taking a wild animal on public land. But again, oh well. Maybe you can hunt free-ranging cucumbers. (But you can't have the ones in my garden...it's a high fence operation).
The thread is closed