Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

OT-- your favorite dog name

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Silver Member

Re: OT-- your favorite dog name

I hope I'm not too late. May I suggest crumple? That's what I named the first pug that I got for my son who left home to attend college. Unfortunately, my wife also left to baby sit my son . That pug was the most intelligent dog I've ever seen in my life. Many pugs followed, but none have been as smart, and you know how smart pugs are. BTW I've never met a lady pug owner, that has been successful at not letting her pug share her bed.
EDIT: just realize how old thos thread is. BTW I also had several rotts, one directly from Germany, and one concepted in Germany.

Last edited by sportmuaythai; 10-05-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Bronze Member

Had a black and Tan I called Ranger. He was a good treeing hound.
Then Bear, was our heinz 57 Lab/chow mix?
Currently Duquie is our loveable and handsome Lab. eager to please, I like that breed.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:31 PM
Platinum Member

First Catahoula was Guidry. An amazing dog.

Had a very unique and talented self bred Catahoula. Named him Phogg.

Phinias and Phart were to follow but never had another worthy of the names.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Platinum Member

When I was cowboyin' for a living I had a Border Collie/ Kelpy cross that I named Dog. Best dog I ever had. That was one LOYAL cow eatin' s.o.b.!
I miss that dog.
Hey, it worked for John Wayne in Big Jake. Worked for me too. Don't know if a pug could fill shoes that big, but you might give er a whirl.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 10-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Gold Member

Had lots of Geman Shorthaired Pointers. Doc, Dollar, Nurse, Sam, Ezie, short for Ezmerelda, Tut, Cash, and my current dog, Cope, short for Copenhagen.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Silver Member

When I was growing my dad brought a, "mongrel" home. I guess nowadays he would be a boxer, lab, or rotty mix. He was named, "Juno". Man that guy was tough! He was like a little baby around people but, if another dog came into the yard it was on. No sniffing or barking...Instant battle. Also, he loved catching domestic cats and killing them!! Dad finally was catching to much heat from the police because of the cat killing. Finally he received a notice from the police that the dog had to go or be kept chained up. Dad said no way on the chaining up so dad took Juno up in the mountains shot him in the head and then buried him. My entire life I saw my father cry twice. When I came home from Vietnam and while he was burying Juno.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:09 AM
Platinum Member

Since the OP's original post is no longer an issue, I only have one dog in the last 40+ years (had a few when I was younger), and I am of course bias.

My favorite dog's name is "THOR" ... and I think it goes well with my Karelian Bear Dog.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
OT-- your favorite dog name-p9040340a.jpg   OT-- your favorite dog name-p4220012a.jpg  

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.