Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Optomism

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2006, 06:24 PM
Platinum Member

Optomism

I have been thinking about how big of an elk I will kill this Fall and so I decided I would need a special way to carry the horns back. I built this 3 feet wide and 5 feet long open box to go on top of the truck's camper shell. I am getting worried that it is too small. Maybe I should rent a trailer.

Old 07-26-2006, 07:14 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Optomism

If you get a little bitty guy that might work but if you get a dandy you're gonna be in trouble with that little box. I've killed several that the single racks alone wouldn't begin to fit in that box. Then I've also killed several that you could get 3 or 4 of them in that box, so like they say, "size matters".

Maybe you could do something similar to this. Just picture it on top of your camper instead of the small car.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:03 AM
Silver Member

ss7mm
Nice picture. I saw that car driving down the hyway last year heading south towards Roundup, MT. Couldn't believe my eyes, we had a good laugh.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:21 PM
Gold Member

Buffalbob

I just wait an see if I kill a big one .
an then Rent a small Uhaul Trailor. one way.

Can you give me more Info on Leonards fourm .
I could not find it .

Redbone

Kill more Coyotes

Feed The Buzzards
Old 07-27-2006, 01:21 PM
Platinum Member

I have sent you an email with his forum. On this site he was known as "LB". I will say this about those characters- anybody who raises up coyotes from pups, has them running around the house, begging for scraps in the kitchen and trains them to catch rabbits knows something about coyotes.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:24 PM
Platinum Member

ya need to dream a bit bigger.

That's a nice box to fit a rag horn [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Unless yur going to pack more in the box than the horns, I'm thinking skull and rack only, then I'd bag the whole idea.

However, if its the cape/head/horns then maybe you have a good idea.

The real idea would be to take your mobyle press stand and mount it to the front bumper then mount/time (twine) the base of the horns to it. It would give you a good 'sight' to keep her between the ditches (barrow pits,out west) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2006, 05:54 PM
Gold Member

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

That reminded me of me and my bud coming down a trial there by LaVeta with a 250+ pound muley tied across the back of a little Suzuki 285cc 4 wheeler. There was just enough room for him to sit and steer it around the tight bends. Since I took it, I decided to walk out and luckily it was all downhill. Both of us also had elk tags and it is still unknown what the little bike would have looked like had we gotten one of them. LOL

My Photo's

"Heck why would I lie, most folks don't believe the truth when I tell them"