Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Ooops, Need ejector options

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2007, 03:16 PM
Platinum Member

Ooops, Need ejector options

I've been working on a specialtiy pistol based on a Savage Striker. It started life as a 22-250 with the push feed,.473 boltface, and plunger style ejector. It will become a 6.5 wssm with the controlled feed bolt face(no plunger).

Since the CRF bolt head has no plunger capability and the action doesn't have the slot neccessary for the under the bolt type ejector that is used on the WSM action, I'm wondering exactly what are my options...if any?

Thanks

Chris
Old 02-23-2007, 07:00 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Ooops, Need ejector options

role it over and shake the case out , or reach in and dig it out with your finger [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] just kiding

I haven't looked at either on them is a couple years and never both of them side by side so I can't honestly say that the mechanical ejector can be made to fit the action you have , I'm sure that sombody that works with Savages a bit could figure somthing out , shoot Nathen Dagley a call and ask him (thats his web site in my signature box),he builds on alot of Savages and may have an idea , I know that Kirby does also.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Ooops, Need ejector options

[ QUOTE ]
role it over and shake the case out , or reach in and dig it out with your finger just kiding

[/ QUOTE ]

The extractor will work just fine, and actually digging it out with my finger is a very real possibility, if I can't figure something out via bolthead work. My other option is to ship the action somewhere and since its a pistol action I'd be looking at $60-$100 each way(depending on destination) $30 for FFL use to get it back plus machine work to the action. That would make it close to a $300 ejector. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] For that price I think there's plenty of room to dig that little wssm case out by hand [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Chris