Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Old pictures if anyone's interested

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2006, 08:07 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Old pictures if anyone\'s interested

ss7mm,

I understand what you are saying which is one of the reasons Dad's old REM 721 '06 is being turned into a 270AM. It was kind of an emotional decison and will ensure that it will never leave the family.

It was that rifle that when dad went to work, I missed the school bus [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] and got my first white tail buck, a 9 point. I think i was 15 or 16 at the time.

You and I must be in about the same age group.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:32 AM
Platinum Member

ss7mm, It that old jar of peanut butter in your camp picture I was trying to date you with. I can vaguely remember mom making sandwitches from that old metal lid jar, when I was a wee tot.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Gold Member

ss7mm, Thanks for sharing your pictures and some of your memories. I just lost my Dad the 5th. of this month. I dont have any pictures of us hunting, but I do of us fishing, since fishing was his forte. I owe my love of all things out of doors entirely to him. I remember us squirrel hunting back in W VA. and he was showing me how to scare a squirrel out of a nest by pulling and shaking a grape vine that the nest was built around. We hunted with .22 rifles since he didn't feel like shotguns were "sportin'". Well, I was resting the muzzle of my gun on the toe of my boot when all of a sudden, BANG, it went off. It scared us both, but luckily my boot was a little long, the barrel was in front of my little toe, and it missed everything fleshy and put a neat hole through the boot. Well after a well deserved dressing down, he and I filled the hole and disguised it the best we could and he cautioned me not to say a word to Mother or neither one of us would get to hunt again. We reminiscied and laughed about that last month when I was visiting him. What I will miss the most is calling him after a hunting trip and reliving the hunt with him over the phone. How he loved to hear about my trips, and how I loved to tell him. Thanks again. God Bless

Jim

Raptor Stalker by
Kirby Allen APS