Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

OK What Type of Hearing Protection do you Use

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Platinum Member

Re: OK What Type of Hearing Protection do you Use

Quote:
Originally Posted by plshilo View Post
I Agree with everyone on the form and others. My only issue is the Cost because there is both wife and I who shoot. So that is why I haven't just jumped on the electronic ones....

Phil

I Understand your point. The only skepticism I have is the lack of first hand experience (on my behalf). I can afford the electronic ear pro but I've never been around nor ever used it. Call me a pessimist but I'm affraid of spending +$400 on ear pro (or any equipment) that I don't like.

t

Old 05-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Gold Member

Howard leight's Impact Sports here. 22 Dec of NR. Low profile work well for me.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter2678 View Post
Howard leight's Impact Sports here. 22 Dec of NR. Low profile work well for me.
This is the same as we use, along with form for high power. We just purchased some Surefire EP5s to try and they seem to work Real well for 22's that we shot today. We are going to shoot our AR's tomorrow and will let you guy's know more then.

Phil
Old 05-10-2013, 09:03 PM
Silver Member

I use winchester dual ear plugs...solid one one side, filtered on the other, ive got two sets( one set in semi) the filtered side communication is a non issue, and no batteries!

As far as tinnitus..Lipo-Flavenoid...youll think it isnt workin till you quit takin it but it works....
Old 05-12-2013, 11:53 AM

OK, here is my answer about the Surefire EP5's, we used them yesterday with our AR 's they seem to work Very well. We were at our local range and others there along with a black powder, mini 14 and other AR. The wife said she needed her muffs after some of others started but the Surefire did work. So I think for now that is what I plan to use......