Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

OK Just got the safe...Now another question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-20-2005, 02:02 PM
Silver Member
Re: OK Just got the safe...Now another question

I have two of the $350 each (Home Depot) (no sales tax on gun safes)SENTRY G5241 It's 59" interior (when I remove the floor) will store my two 60" 50 BMG's and my other guns with ease. Had to get two of them to store my guns, and they are both packed. It was still alot cheaper than a big safe that would hold them all.

I expoxied foundation bolts to the concrete floor and installed it in the middle of my basement living room (no place to use a pry bar).

If you have the money, get a better safe. This one seems very secure, two guys can easly move/install it.

I just didn't want to put alot of money on a safe, I'd rather save for another gun

<font color="purple"> [ QUOTE ]
I store all of my rifle barrel down in my safe, put a small piece of cloth under the muzzles to catch the oil and solvent that seeps downward.

[/ QUOTE ] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Great idea, this should be in a FAQ. I'm flippen all my guns I thought it was such good advice it deserved double quotes [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]