Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Oh thats whats been destroying my trees!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2006, 12:47 AM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska
Oh thats whats been destroying my trees!!!

This bull moose was eating my tree when I came home from work today! I quietly tip toed my way in the garage so as not to upset this big hair beast and proceded to grab my cammera and snap a couple photos to share.
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (how bad your last shot was, how big the group is going to be, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:45 AM
Silver Member

Re: Oh thats whats been destroying my trees!!!

He would look so much better in the freezer - more specifically, in MY freezer [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2006, 03:13 AM
Gold Member

thats an awesome picture! whats with the guy in the pic? isn't the moose afraid of people?

anyway, thats awesome!
Old 03-24-2006, 05:16 AM
Platinum Member

well since hes already dropped his weapons you should have went out and swatted him on the butt to scare him off [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Seriously , some people don't relize how big and dangerous those things can be. We had a Peterbuilt that got tore up pretty bad buy a big bull that lost his temper , the driver eased up and gave him a little nudge to get him out of the road and that pissed him off. That was up near Cobalt Canada
Old 03-24-2006, 08:39 AM
SPONSOR

Good Lord

I spend 7 days in northern Saskatchewan desperatly searching for a moose and you have one chewin on your shade trees

I think I am gonna go stick my head in the oven!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

nice pic

steve
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Old 03-24-2006, 10:32 AM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
He would look so much better in the freezer - more specifically, in MY freezer [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]OR - On toast!
Old 03-24-2006, 06:42 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska

Moose in and around Anchorage arent afraid of much. They dont get hunted here. Only outside of the municipality. Yes moose are VERY ballsy and brazen animals. I would be more afraid of getting stommped by a mad moose then attacked by a grizzly bear. Moose attacks are way more common than bear attacks its just that it doesnt sound as impressive. I have had moose charge and bluff charge me and have even had 1 charge my truck because I honked at it. Thats insane!
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (how bad your last shot was, how big the group is going to be, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.