Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

The thread is closed

Not Makin any sense !!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=NONYA;208118]As for you grammer lesson I already told you I was a Nascar fan,that makes me a hillbilly in your book so why bother?QUOTE]

There's the attitude that elevates the rednecks to the top of the intellectual food chain. "I'm ignorant and proud of it so why bother". That could be the redneck's new slogan! Please keep typing Nonya. This stuff is priceless! We need to add it to the Nonya archives! By the way, grammar is spelled with an "a", not an "e".
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.

Last edited by goodgrouper; 05-22-2008 at 11:24 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:23 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwp475 View Post
Now gg, Lerch is a redneck, I'm a redneck also . I think that the people that you are describing (before PC took over) were refered to as SLOBS...
Could be. Terminology is relative in your cases. I don't consider either of you my idea of rednecks. You guys don't act anything like our newfound spokesperson!
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:31 PM
SPONSOR

well the differance here is in the meaning of the word redneck. where me and JWP are from the term is actually take with quite a bit of pride since it usually means a group of people who work hard, play hard, and are willing to get the job done right in all conditions. because of this most of us usually have big ass sunburns on the back of our neck, thus the name. Trust me after 2 days in the OK sun Kirby has become a full fledged red neck, but it should heal up soon

most people i know take pride in being called a redneck and are no more ignorrant than you or I. I do know lots of the people you describe but my terms for them arent in best taste. when we say redneck we are talking about the people who are the back bone of our country.

I am somewhat of a nascar fan also, but i like golf alot more
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Old 05-22-2008, 01:27 PM

wow this is getting almost nasty, I know I'm a new guy here but I thought I would add my 2cents, I think that people have their own way of interpreting the term redneck, one way leans toward white trash and another has a more bluecollar sensible aspect I really like nascar,and hunting,camping,golfing and countless other things. I wonder if all this butting of heads is because of a small misunderstanding
Old 05-22-2008, 01:48 PM
Platinum Member

I've never been one to pay much attention to terminology when discussing a person. That just leads to a bunch of words that get interpreted differently by just about everybody, and you will find a lot of people that will interpret it in their way just because they have no other resources at their disposal to discuss anything, let alone debate or argue a point.

I judge a person by who they are, not what they are.

Give a person long enough, and a functional keyboard and computer, and you will eventually find out who they are. Inevitably the true "person" will show up. If you've read a lot of posts and spent a lot of time around here, you have probably figured this out.

Sites cost money to run and so far, Len is the only one that's stepped up and reached in his hind pocket so we can have this site to use free of charge. He can put whatever he wants, wherever he wants and as long as I'm not monetarily involved then I'll just click my little mouse and enjoy the best "free" site for long range hunting on the web.

Geez, is gas so high that nobody is out shooting anymore? Is stuff like this all there is to discuss? Maybe so...................
Old 05-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Banned

Arrogance is bliss,go through life looking down on the people that make this country great,they wont mind I promise you.
The thread is closed