Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Norma SAUM brass

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2006, 05:00 PM
Gold Member

Norma SAUM brass

I noticed Norma brass is available for the 300 saum.Is this an indication this round is gaining favor overseas?
I wouldve thought they'd manufacture the full size RUM before they ever did the short action brass.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:10 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Norma SAUM brass

Where did you find the brass? I would sure like to get my hands on some!

RidgeRooster
Old 11-10-2006, 05:13 PM
Gold Member

Midway has it in stock now. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2006, 05:17 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks!

RidgeRooster
Old 11-10-2006, 05:34 PM
Gold Member

The price is right too! RP brass has gone from $33 per 100 to the best price I can find now of about $45 per 100. I would definately pay another $10 to get Norma brass. I am not pushing pressures on my rifles with any of the loads so softness or primer loosening is not a consideration. Hmmmmmm . . . .
Old 11-10-2006, 10:45 PM
Gold Member

If either of you guys order some of this brass can you post up the neck thickness and the measurement of the case base (web)?
I bought 500 pcs of RP when Midway had it on sale a while back,so I'm not ready to order anymore soon.But I am curious about these dimensions on the Norma brass.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:48 PM
Gold Member

I just got mine in. I do not have my calipers, etc. with me, but when I get back to the shop, I will measure and compare with the RP stuff. I do think the brass weighs less. The finish is some of the best polished brass I have seen from the factory in a long time. It makes the Nosler brass (which is very pretty) look tarnished! The case mouths and primer pockets all appear to be perfect. I got 1k of the 175 SMKs to load up in the new brass, so once I get a couple loaded up I'll let you know. I guess I will drop the charges and shoot a mini-ladder with three or four shots of each charge just to make sure of the load with the new Norma brass.

On a second note, if any of you shortmag shooters out there are looking for ammo boxes to carry your rounds in, look no further than the Frankford Arsenal (SP?) from MidwayUSA.com. They are some of the finest transparent plastic ammo boxes I have had the pleasure of owning. They are made for the shortmags no made to accept shortmags. They have some weight to plastic; in other words, they are beefed up a little more than standard ammo boxes.