Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Non Lethal Deer and etc options

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-18-2005, 12:56 PM
Silver Member
Re: Non Lethal Deer and etc options

If you have the means I would say to load up shotshells with rock salt. It works wonders on dogs and cats! Use the large grain rock salt though so that it penetrates just below the skin and it will burn like HE!!

It has always worked for me. Just one note though. Use steel shotshell wads if you are using a good shotgun. If your using a junk gun just regular wads will work although it will rust your barrel cuz of the salt.
I shoot 1/4 inch groups at a 1000 yards. That is...till my second shot.

Unread 10-18-2005, 06:09 PM
Gold Member

My uncle used to get hair clippings from the local barber and shake them out around the perimeter of his vegitable gardens.

Might be worth a try, at least once.

Here is a link to what another fellow was doing to keep up his food plots,
Hags House - Plot Saver Or Egg to save food plots?
Mike / Tx

My Photo's

"Heck why would I lie, most folks don't believe the truth when I tell them"
Unread 10-19-2005, 06:44 PM
Platinum Member

Just don't use a .22rimfire. It might just "scare" them to death! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Unread 10-19-2005, 08:57 PM
Silver Member

An old boy was telling me that when he was a kid they use to have elk always eating at stuff around their house and his mom would shoot a 22 off to scare um away. They got use to this though and so she flock shot um one day. She came back into the house and asked him and his dad to go take care of an elk. He didnt tell me where she hit it but from the way the story was told it dropped after the 22 hit it. So id secound that one. (You never know which stories are true that you hear)
Unread 10-20-2005, 11:37 AM
Bronze Member

Good ole slingshot works wonders. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Pick up some marbles or find some rocks. Pull back and let her fly.
Leaves a heck of a welp. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]---George
Hunting, fishing, roping, golfing, eating, sleeping, working, ... Not always in that order!